Consolidated solution for the timely recovery of IMS DB assets
The IBM® IMS™ Recovery Solution Pack for z/OS® is software that helps reduce operational complexity and the impact of database backup and recovery on system resources. The solution pack does this by combining a number of IBM products into a consolidated solution. This combination of tools allows for the simultaneous backup and recovery of multiple data sets and Fast Path areas.
The IMS Recovery Solution Pack for z/OS offers the benefits of these IMS products in one comprehensive tool:
- IMS Database Recovery Facility: streamlines the recovery process and reduces the time needed to recover databases by processing data in parallel and recovering database data sets simultaneously.
- IMS High Performance Change Accumulation: provides a fast process for creating change accumulation groups via parallel processing.
- IMS Index Builder: offers an easy-to-use, one-step procedure for building all IMS indexes, avoiding the need to Image Copy.
- IMS High Performance Image Copy: provides fast backup and recovery of database data sets using advanced copy technology
The IMS Recovery Solution Pack enables you to:
- Significantly reduce the CPU, I/O, & management costs associated with creating recovery assets, yet you retain the same level of recoverability you have today.
- Recovery times can be improved while reducing the ongoing backup cost.
- Recovery of multiple databases with parallel read/writes and multi-tasking means your organization is back on-line as quickly as possible.
- Reduce your daily costs while improving availability.
IMS Recovery Solution Pack for z/OS Resources