IMS Queue Control for z/OS helps manage IMS message queues
The IBM® IMS™ Queue Control Facility helps you manage all aspects of your IMS message queues. The solution helps system administrators more easily manipulate and manage local and live IMS message queues.
The IMS Queue Control Facility provides your organization with these benefits:
- Allows different IMS Queue Control Facility functions to run on multiple central electronics complexes (CECs) within a sysplex with other IMS Queue Control Facility servers.
- Automatically detects an IMS cold start and initiates the requeue of the messages that were in the queue before the cold start.
- Automatically detects an IMS warm start and initiates the requeue of the messages or offloads the messages that were in the dead letter queue before warm start.
- Provides a Queue Space Utilization Notification mechanism that lets you define up to ten areas of the total queue space to monitor for small or large messages.
- Queue overflow protection: this function determines when customer-specified limits are reached and when customer-specified actions are taken on IMS processes.
- Message processing: processes messages from the IMS system log; IMS queue manager message queues; and shared queues (in a shared queues environment only). You can process selected messages based on the criteria that you specify in control statements.
- Recovery and maintenance functions: when a system redefinition or failure requires a cold start and messages are lost from the IMS message queue without being processed or when messages are incorrectly processed because of an application program error.
- Message requeue: messages must be returned to the IMS message queues if the messages are to be processed or reprocessed correctly.
- Queue maintenance: maintain the message queues to prevent performance degradation, to save space in the shared queues, and to prevent a buffer shortage.
IMS Queue Control Facility for z/OS resources