IBM IMS Program Restart Facility for z/OS ensures that IMS batch jobs are restarted properly.
The IBM® IMS™ Program Restart Facility (PRF) for z/OS® tool correctly restarts abended IMS batch jobs or Batch Message Processing regions. IMS Program Restart Facility ensures that IMS batch jobs are restarted properly, preventing database corruption by improper checkpoint ID or restart log data set name error.
The IMS Program Restart Facility solution helps your organization:
- Automatically assign the most recent checkpoint ID to jobs that are restarted because of an earlier abnormal termination.
- Force an extended restart to occur for all jobs that require restart.
- Help prevent the corruption that results from restarting an abnormally terminated job without specifying a restart checkpoint ID.
- Save costly and time-consuming database recoveries caused by manual restart errors.
- Reduce the risk of data being unavailable or becoming corrupted.
IMS Program Restart Facility ensures that:
- A batch job that should be restarted is forced to restart.
- The proper log data set and the proper checkpoint ID are used for restart.
IMS Program Restart Facility provides the following enhancements:
- Bypass Checkpoint Processing, which throttles the frequency of application checkpoints. This can reduce logging and improve batch job elapsed times.
- Flag non-zero return code as an abend, which causes PRF to treat a batch job with a non-zero return code as an abend, ensuring that the job is restarted properly.
- Provide an option to hold and restart a BMP through operator commands – without stopping the job.
IMS Program Restart Facility for z/OS resources