Combination of IMS tools offers improved IMS performance.
The IBM® IMS™ Performance Solution Pack for z/OS® tool combines the features and functions of IMS Connect Extensions for z/OS, IMS Performance Analyzer for z/OS and IMS Problem Investigator for IMS. Within the IMS Performance Solution Pack the three products are integrated, providing complete analysis of IMS transactions for database analysts (DBAs). This combination of tools provides productivity for problem analysts, efficient IMS application performance, improved IMS resource utilization and high system availability.
The IMS Solution Pack consists of the following tools:
- IMS Connect Extensions: Enhances the manageability of TCP/IP access to IMS through IMS Connect. IMS Connect Extensions features include dynamic management of TCP/IP transactions and DRDA requests, a single point of control for multiple IMS Connect systems, and monitoring and recording of IMS Connect activity.
- IMS Performance Analyzer: Offering the standard for IMS resource and performance management, this tool provides comprehensive transaction performance and system resource usage reporting for IMS Database Manager (IMS DB) and IMS Transaction Manager (IMS TM) systems.
- IMS Problem Investigator: An investigative tool for IMS systems and application programmers that can help you determine the cause of problems and trace the flow of events. It formats and presents log data, enabling IMS programmers and administrators to navigate, investigate, and analyze records and transactions.
The IMS Solution Pack allows you to:
- Quickly identify or eliminate IMS Connect as the source of performance problems and then determine whether the problem is in OTMA, MQ, DB2, shared queues or any of many other subsystems.
- Automatically select and combine IMS Connect Extensions journals with IMS logs to view only those records from the time of day that a problem occurred.
- Use IMS Problem Investigator to browse sections in the IMS log where poorly performing transactions are found (using an accounting index that is generated by IMS Performance Analyzer).
- The IMS Performance Pack provides improved productivity for problem analysts, more efficient IMS application performance, improved IMS resource utilization, and higher system availability.
- Avoid missed service level agreements by making sure your IMS systems are always running at peak performance.
IBM IMS Performance Solution Pack for z/OS Resources