IMS High Performance SYSGEN Tools for improved application resource changes
The IBM® IMS™ High Performance System Generation (SYSGEN) Tools for z/OS® enables you to easily change your IMS sysgen environment: simply create a list of resource update entries, verify them, and install them. No outages, no problems with work in progress, no online change commands – just install and let the tool streamline your change workflow.
The IMS High Performance System Generation (SYSGEN) Tools environment does the following:
- Includes Fast Generation (SYSGEN), Merge Clone, and SYSGEN Compare.
- Performs IMS system generation processes for application resource changes (transactions, programs, databases and route codes) in a single-step batch job or online.
- Reduces the time needed to perform IMS system generation processes for application resource changes (transactions, programs, databases and route codes) and consumes less CPU time.
- Creates and maintains IMSplex system generation configurations.
- Changes IMS SMU security, including AGN, Transaction Command authorization, and Terminal security.
- Displays IMS resource definitions – either those currently being used by IMS or those defined in the MODBLKS data set – and all the attributes associated with the definitions.
- Validates IMS sysgen source without the overhead of running an IMS sysgen.
- Performs an IMS MODBLKS type sysgen without the overhead of the IMS sysgen process, since the IMS High Performance System Generation Tools Fastgen process duplicates the MODBLKS sysgen process using 90% less CPU and elapsed time.
- Recreates IMS sysgen source and/or security gen source from the MODBLKS / MATRIX data sets.
- Issues IMS commands from the IMS High Performance System Generation Tools ISPF interface.
IMS High Performance System Generation Tools resources