The IMS Fast Path Solution Pack provides a complete utility set.
The IBM IMS™ Fast Path Solution Pack for z/OS® is software that provides extensive and easy-to-use utilities that consist of all the functions database administrators (DBAs) need to analyze, maintain, and tune IMS databases, including features that help boost system availability, such as not having to take the IMS databases offline. This IMS utilities management tool combines several IMS products and all their features and functions into a single consolidated solution for managing IMS Fast Path databases.
Using features found in the Autonomics Director component of the IBM IMS Tools base for z/OS, database administrators can identify and perform normal functions associated with maintaining the health, performance and recoverability of the databases.
The IMS Fast Path Solution Pack is composed of the following utilities:
IMS Fast Path Solution Pack for z/OS
IMS Fast Path Solution Pack integrates with IBM Tools Base Autonomics Director for z/OS to help you maintain the health and performance of IMS. Autonomics Director automates recurring database monitoring and maintenance tasks, including the collection and evaluation of health statistics.
Autonomics Director works with IMS Fast Path Solution Pack to increase the efficiency of your IMS environment:
Autonomics Director supports multiple levels of automation. You can choose to automate some or all of your monitoring and maintenance tasks according to the needs of your organization. In addition, you can use Autonomics Director scheduler or your external job scheduler to arrange immediate or delayed data collection and database evaluations.
Autonomics Director resources:
- Tools Base interactive graphic
Learn more about how Tools Base and IMS Tools solution packs integrate with Autonomics Director to automate database monitoring.
- Autonomics Director features and benefits
Learn more about the unique and significant features of Autonomics Director that can increase the efficiency of your IMS environment.
- Autonomics Director architecture and process flow
Learn more about the Autonomics Director environment.
IMS Fast Path Solution Pack extends the capabilities of IBM Tools Base Management Console for z/OS, a lightweight web server that consolidates and simplifies information from IMS and DB2 for z/OS into a single, holistic, web-based interface that is accessible from a standard web browser.
Management Console consolidates information from various sources, including IMS Fast Path Solution Pack, into a single, intuitive, graphical interface. Use Management Console to manage automated database evaluations and monitor IMS environments across an enterprise. View aggregate statistics for groups of IMS resources and detailed information for individual IMS resources. Use this information to identify databases that need attention. Management Console can accelerate analysis of your IMS environment and reduce the need for advanced IMS skills.
With IMS Fast Path Solution Pack installed your environment; you can more easily administer your Fast Path (DEDB) databases by accessing the following features in Management Console:
Figure 1: Using Management Console, you can view detailed information about your IMS resources, including health exceptions, reports, and graphs and charts of health statistics. Context-sensitive assistance helps you understand and act on what you see.
Figure 2: You can use the DBD Map to monitor and manage the health of your databases. You can view a graphical visualization of database structure, and you can view the DBD macro source and the DBD XML.
Other Management Console extensions
- IMS Database Solution Pack
Provides database health data and enables autonomic capabilities to make it easier to administer your full-function and HALDB databases with Management Console.
Management Console resources
- Tools Base interactive graphic
Learn more about how Tools Base and IMS Tools solution packs automate database monitoring and integrate with Management Console.
- Management Console features and benefits
Learn more about how Management Console provides solutions for database administration and monitoring challenges.
- Management Console extensions
Learn more about the DBD Map Viewer extension for Management Console. This extension is provided by IMS Fast Path Solution Pack.
- Database management tools
- DB2 Advanced Recovery Feature
- DB2 Connect Application Server Advanced Edition
- DB2 Connect Application Server Edition
- DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition
- DB2 Connect Unlimited Advanced Edition for System z
- DB2 Merge Backup for Linux UNIX and Windows
- DB2 Performance Solution Pack for z/OS
- DB2 Recovery Expert for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- IBM Data Studio
- IMS Database Solution Pack for z/OS
- IMS Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway
- IMS Enterprise Suite Explorer
- IMS Fast Path Solution Pack for z/OS
- IMS Recovery Solution Pack for z/OS
- Informix Express Edition
- InfoSphere Optim Archive
- InfoSphere Optim Data Privacy
- InfoSphere Optim Test Data Management
- InfoSphere Optim High Performance Unload for DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime for Linux, UNIX and Windows
- InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime for z/OS
- InfoSphere Optim Workload Replay