IMS ETO Support for dynamic, customized ETO and resource efficiency
The IBM® IMS™ Extended Terminal Option Support for z/OS® is a tool that makes your IMS Extended Terminal Option (ETO) more dynamic and easily customized for maximum productivity. The tool allows new devices access to IMS, and eliminates the need for IMS system generation (sysgens) and outages.
The IMS Extended Terminal Option Support enhances your IMS ETO solution by:
- Providing a front end to the IMS ETO feature.
- Offering capabilities that help manage, implement, customize and exploit the benefits of ETO in your systems environment so you can manage resources effectively.
- Enabling customization of all parts of ETO, including sign-on processing.
- Letting you set global options for the entire user community and override options for specific terminals or user IDs.
- Supporting multiple versions of IMS.
- Enables formatting of ‘sign on required’ and ‘sign on complete’ screens presented to the user.
- Supplies your own MFS format name, using IMS default formats, or maintaining consistency with the old version of IMS messages.
- Automatically cleans up terminal sessions after logoff, including deleting queued messages and exiting conversations.
- Allows IMS Extended Terminal Option Support to perform IMS command security authorization.
- Improves user productivity by allowing them to dynamically define new terminals rather than waiting for monthly sysgens to add new terminals or make other changes.
- Supports 3270 terminals and printers, SLU1 consoles, SLU3 devices, LU6.1 sessions, SLUTYPEP sessions, remote LTERM names, and OTMA LTERM names.
IMS Extended Terminal Option Support for z/OS resources
- Product library
This library provides links to IMS Tools publications, program directories, and other related technical content. These documents are available in PDF, HTML, and BookManager formats.