IMS DEDB Fast Recovery maintains the data integrity of IMS databases and shortens recovery after an ERE failure.
IMS DEDB Fast Recovery enables fast efficient execution of an unscheduled IMS cold start maintaining the integrity of the IMS databases after IMS emergency restart (ERE) fails.
- Assists in operating and maintaining the data integrity of IMS databases.
- Is a fast alternative to emergency restart failure recovery, by reducing the time needed to recover DEDBs after an IMS failure.
- Corrects online log data sets (OLDS) by invalidating logging for transactions that did not reach the synch point.
- Recovers DEDBs including VSO and shared VSO that were active when IMS failed.
- Generates the JCL of the MSDB Dump Recovery utility to be processed before the IMS cold start for the main storage database (MSDB) recovery.
- Updates and maintains the IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) RECON data sets when required.
- Provides procedures and reports system administrators need for the processes required before and after IMS cold start.
- Program number: 5655-E32
- Operating systems supported: z/OS