IBM IMS Connect Extensions enhances the manageability of TCP/IP access to IMS through IMS Connect, an integrated function of IMS.
IMS Connect Extensions is part of the IMS Performance Solution Pack.
IMS Connect Extensions improves the availability, reliability, and performance of IMS Connect. It helps speed up and simplifies problem determination which makes your systems more transparent so that they are easier to audit and manage.
- Automate responses to changes in workload and processing capacity, such as scheduled peak and off-peak periods, or datastores becoming temporarily unavailable or experiencing a flood condition.
- Support for IMS Connect to IMS Connect TCP/IP communications
- Open Database Manager (ODBM) support
- The Operations Console, which is a plug-in to z/OS Explorer, provides a graphical interface to perform IMS Connect Extensions operations. It allows you to monitor and control IMS Connect systems and their components and active sessions from a distributed workstation.
- Issue IMS Type-1 commands from the ISPF command shell and Operations Console
- Analyze problems and optimize performance by recording details of activity in IMS Connect
- Simplify the deployment of WebSphere and SOAP clients
- Create detailed IMS Connect reports in conjunction with IBM’s IMS Performance Analyzer for z/OS
- Solve IMS Connect problems in conjunction with IBM’s IMS Problem Investigator for z/OS
- View graphical real-time reports of TCP/IP activity with IBM’s OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS
- Program number: 5655-S56
- Operating systems supported: z/OS