Create and update IMS resources with high levels of availability.
The IBM® IMS™ Configuration Manager for z/OS® is a tool that enables Database Analysts to analyze, modify and deploy IMS resources and parameters. The benefit to using this software is that your organization can change resources and parameters faster, with greater reliability and ease. The IMS Configuration Manager complements your IMS solution by helping you better manage your resources while making application development tasks more accessible to varying skill levels.
The IMS Configuration Manager tool does the following:
- Provides an easy approach for creating and maintaining IMS system parameters and using dynamic resource definition (DRD) functions.
- Offers support and a structured transition to DRD.
- IMS management and configuration are more accessible to new system programmers and application developers.
- Logs changes and provides a backout facility.
- Provides for deployment of changes to dozens of global sites from a single location.
- Reduces the cost of implementing DRD and managing system parameters and MODBLK resources.
- Simplifies and standardizes the administration of your configuration.
- Offers a complete audit history of all changes.
- Protects your definitions with robust and granular access control.
- Enables faster time-to-production of new IMS applications.
IMS Configuration Manager for z/OS Resources
- Product documentation
This product page provides links to IMS Tools publications, program directories, and other related technical content. These documents are available in PDF, HTML, and BookManager formats.