IMS Command Control Facility for z/OS improves overall system performance.
The IBM IMS™ Command Control Facility for z/OS® improves productivity for transaction management and command management tasks, offering efficiencies in several areas of IMS command processing and viewing. Using the IMS Command Control Facility (CCF), your organization gets a single image view of multiple IMS systems. In addition, the tool supports all types of control regions – DB/CTL, DB/DC, and DC/CTL.
The IBM IMS Command Control Facility for z/OS software offers these features:
- Executes IMS commands from a batch utility, TSO session via an ISPF interface, or from a Callable Application Program Interface (API).
- Analyzes IMS database commands to ensure successful completion across all requested systems by reviewing DBRC and IMS control blocks before each command process has completed.
- Provides a log view feature, which contains all the IMS master terminal messages along with commands and command responses.
- Processes IMS commands across all regions in sysplex by using the batch command processor.
- Synchronizes online change and database commands across all regions in a sysplex by using a batch command manager.
- Supports all types of control regions – DB/CTL, DB/DC, and DC/CTL. The IMS Command Control Facility for z/OS tool provides support for, but does not require, the IMS Operations Manager (OM).
- Provides a message log, containing IMS commands and responses, along with IMS master terminal messages and is a single point of reference for IMS system activity for a single IMS system, or for multiple IMS systems across multiple z/OS images within a sysplex.
- Issues IMS commands from a batch job, using the CCF ISPF interface, and through a user program that uses the CCF API.
- Verifies IMS database commands (/START, /STOP, /DBD, and /DBR) during command processing. CCF adds verification to the command process, looking at IMS control blocks and/or DBRC to validate that the database action was performed successfully.
- Synchronizes IMS database commands across multiple IMS systems. Each IMS database command to be issued is performed and verified on each IMS system before the next command is issued.
IBM IMS Command Control Facility for z/OS resources
- IMS Tools Product Library
This library provides links to the IMS Tools user's guides, technical articles, program directories, IBM Redbook publications, and other related technical content for IMS Tools. These documents are available in PDF, HTML, and BookManager formats.