IMS Batch Backout Manager reduces manual intervention and improves availability.
The IBM IMS™ Batch Backout Manager for z/OS® reduces manual intervention caused by IMS data language interface (DL/I) batch job unplanned program terminations (ABENDS). The tool improves database availability, managing DL/I application ABENDs with an automated solution that covers the steps required for recovery from an IMS DL/I batch job ABEND.
The IBM IMS Batch Manager for z/OS does the following:
- Helps automate the manual task of backing out database updates after an IMS batch application failure occurs.
- Reduces the downtime associated with an application failure and improves database availability.
- Provides automation of the batch backout process after specific application ABENDS.
- Dynamically handles log close and allocation.
- Forces allocation of batch Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDSs) for jobs with no logs allocated (either by specific or by generic job name).
The IBM IMS Batch Manager offers the following features:
- Allocates an interim batch SLDS for the log close.
- Closes the interim batch SLDS.
- Dynamically allocates a new batch SLDS required for batch backout.
- Performs IMS backout.
- IMS Batch Backout Manager tool makes the backout process immediate and accurate, automating the previously manual backout process.
IBM IMS Batch Backout Manager for z/OS resources
- IMS Tools Product Library
This library provides links to the IMS Tools user's guides, technical articles, program directories, IBM Redbook publications, and other related technical content for IMS Tools. These documents are available in PDF, HTML, and BookManager formats.