Enable IMS transactions for mobile and cloud
IBM® IMS™ mobile solution allows you to model, assemble, publish, and test IMS transactions as REST/JSON services. These services can then be consumed by mobile and cloud applications to access IMS assets on z/OS® in a secure, managed, governed, and optimized way.
The IMS mobile solution includes tooling support through IMS Explorer for Development for modeling, assembling, publishing, and testing IMS transactions as REST or JSON services. These services run on the IMS service provider for z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition (z/OS Connect EE, 5655-CEE). The IMS service provider for z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition helps you create and deploy RESTful APIs that leverage mobile services that access IMS assets. The service provider works with z/OS Connect EE to extend the value of applications that run on z/OS by allowing you to create efficient and scalable APIs for contemporary mobile and cloud applications. The solution incorporates common tooling based on the Swagger 2.0 specification. IMS Mobile Feature Pack for z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition requires purchase of z/OS Connect EE (PID 5655-CEE).
IMS Mobile Solution helps you:
- Model, assemble, publish, and test IMS transactions as REST/JSON services
- Create and administer new services that are consumable by mobile and cloud applications
- Create and deploy RESTful APIs that leverage these services
Model, assemble, publish, and test IMS transactions as REST/JSON services
- Provides a unique integrated platform for IMS mobile and cloud services
- Offers access to existing IMS assets, metadata modeling, service enablement and publication of IMS transactions as services
Create and administer new services that are consumable by mobile and cloud applications
- Allows mobile and cloud applications to easily access and consume IMS services.
- Helps ensure that access to IMS services is secure, managed, governed and optimized.
- Leverages IBM z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition to provide common services and management for more consistent operations.
Create and deploy RESTful APIs
- Allows you to define and deploy APIs for RESTful mobile services that access IMS transactions. The IMS service provider allows you to define and deploy RESTful APIs that leverage mobile services that access IMS transactions.
- Uses standard Swagger 2.0-based format for seamless consumption by cloud and web-based applications.
- Allows you to reach virtually any z/OS assets, applications, and data. z/OS Connect EE manages the connection to the z/OS assets and any required data transformation, allowing you to consolidate multiple client connection pathways into a single common gateway to reach business assets on z/OS operating systems.
- Allows you to integrate the resulting APIs with IBM API Management solutions for enterprise-class API management that covers consumer registration, API security controls, and version control.