IMS High Performance Image Copy provides fast back up and recovery of database data sets using advanced copy technology and extends the capabilities of IMS.
Provides high speed database copy and recovery features for the rapid backup and recovery of database data sets.
- Provides rapid image copy features that reduce the unavailability time of database data sets.
- Enables automated operation that takes the database offline before taking a batch image copy and restarts it after the process.
- Creates copies from an IMS standard image copy data set or from a compressed image copy data set.
- Reduces the number of tapes used by stacking more than one image copy on the same tape.
- Takes image backups while various reorganization tools are executing, enabling use of databases immediately after they are reorganized.
- Program number: 5655-N45
- Operating systems supported: z/OS