A right sized one price IMS data server solution
The IBM IMS Database Value Unit Edition (IMS DB VUE), based on the IBM IMS 14 solution, provides a database environment scaled to support eligible workloads. Offered at one price, the IMS DB VUE environment presents a cost-effective way to manage business growth. The IMS DB VUE solution can only be used to support new applications or workloads on z System that are deployed in qualified System z New Application License Charge (zNALC) logical partition (LPAR[s]).
- Based on the highly available, highly scalable IMS database.
- Offers customized capabilities that support business growth based on enterprise mobile and analytics workloads.
- Combines proven IMS performance and workload management capabilities for improved workflow and efficiencies.
- Gives IMS data sharing clients cost-effective access to IMS data for new Java or SQL workload applications.
- Highly available, high scalable IMS database offering customized capabilities for mobile and analytics workloads
- IMS runs on the leading-edge availability, security, and scale of z/OS
- IMS data is enabled as an analytics source for the IBM BigInsights platform
- Proven performance and workload management capabilities
- z/OSMF, now included with z/OS, makes management easy
- Achieve competitive advantage and cost savings by using the unique, industry-leading virtualization and workload management capabilities of IMS and z System
- Cost effective access for new Java or SQL applications
- Supports SQL in COBOL programs to access IMS databases
- Delivers native SQL processing in IMS
- Offers enhanced support for the Distributed Relational Database Architecture's (DRDA) distributed data management (DDM) command for native SQL, improving Open Database flows in IMS
- Delivers additional support for Java, SQL, and tools that ease IMS development and access to data in IMS