Reorganize IMS databases in a single solution
IBM® IMS™ Database Utility Solution for z/OS® enables your organization to reorganize IMS full function and high availability large databases (HALDBs). It integrates the IMS utilities and offers features to help ensure that your databases are tuned and operational. The solution pack helps reduce operational complexity and the impact of database reorganization on your system resources.
IMS Database Utility Solution provides the following features and benefits:
- Offers high performance utilities to unload, load, index build, reorganize, backup and report on your IMS Full Function and HALDB databases.
- Extends the capabilities of the Management Console by using a simpler web interface which provides detailed insight into your IMS Full Function and HALDB databases.
- Runs load, unload, index building and image copy tasks concurrently to improve reorganization efficiency.
- Provide an intelligent reorganization what will only reorganize “conditionally” when your database needs it. This will reduce the number of reorgs run and reduce your reorganization costs.
- Using advanced copy technology provides fast backup and recovery of your data sets