Automate the cloning process for IMS systems and databases
IBM® IMS™ Cloning Tool for z/OS® automates the cloning process for IMS systems and databases, helping to reduce the time required to copy IMS databases or create a complete IMS system clone. The software performs metadata management functions, allowing replicated data to be used by a cloned IMS system on the same or another shared disk System z logical partition (LPAR). The process does not affect IMS application performance or availability.
IMS Cloning Tool for z/OS helps you:
- Clone complete IMS subsystems or select databases more quickly and easily.
- Simplify cloning management through automation and a simplified user interface.
- Increase productivity and reduce errors by replacing labor-intensive, manual tasks.
Clone complete IMS subsystems or select databases
- Uses fast replication and other data copy processes to refresh existing test environments or create new test environments quickly.
- Uses storage-aware technology to copy the IMS system and its data. This provides very fast replication, helping to reduce copy time and minimize outages.
- Helps save host CPU and I/O resources by offloading the copy process from the host to the storage processor.
- Contains many system managed storage (SMS) options to comply with storage configurations and standards.
- Provides data security anonymity through advanced data masking.
- Updates database recovery control (DBRC), including support for high availability large databases (HALDB).
Simplify cloning management
- Includes a task-oriented ISPF user interface and help features. The interface can be integrated with the IBM DB2 Cloning Tool to provide one interface to both products.
- Reduces the requirement for individual volume specification.
- Helps simplify database selection by finding all data set names from databases and their related databases.
- Allows IMS databases to be copied within the same subsystem or to a different subsystem.
- Provides extended target rename capability, which allows users to change, add or delete any qualifier.
- Automates the creation of target database definitions if they do not exist on the target system.
- Creates consistent copies of databases by applying logs when fuzzy copy is used.
- Automates the deletion of previously refreshed target IMS database data sets.
Increase productivity and reduce errors
- Helps reduce manual effort and coding by automating and simplifying the cloning process.
- Helps improve performance by offloading read-only access users to an IMS clone.
- Provides transactionally consistent copies, helping to give users uninterrupted access to applications.
- Validates that all data required for the clone is included.
- Updates the appropriate target IMS control data sets, reducing the need for a lengthy manual cloning process.
- Automates the cleanup of previously refreshed target IMS data sets.
- Performs compatibility checking between the source and target databases.
- Helps reduce elapsed time and number of cloning steps by removing the requirement to rebuild indexes.