IBM® Informix® C-ISAM® is a library of C-language functions that manages indexed sequential access method (ISAM) files.
It bypasses the overhead of a relational database management system (RDBMS) and provides fast, efficient access to database records.
- Provides quick data retrieval using B+ tree-index architecture.
- Passes X/Open XPG test suite for ISAM and is X/Open standards-compliant.
- Supports multiple languages through global language support (GLS).
- Offers flexible indexing options that let you build indexes on multiple fields, a single field or parts of a field.
- Includes efficient mechanisms for preserving data integrity.
- Extend your options for Informix C-ISAM data with Informix Standard Engine (SE).