Create applications with rich digital experiences for multi-channel delivery
IBM® Web Experience Factory creates applications with rich, interactive digital experiences for delivery on desktop browsers, smartphones, tablets and IBM Worklight. This rapid application development tool enables developers to build custom web portlets, widgets and applications for IBM WebSphere® Portal, IBM Worklight and IBM WebSphere Application Server environments. IBM Web Experience Factory provides preconfigured, Java platform-based tools that can help automate and accelerate the web application development process.
IBM Web Experience Factory features:
- Advanced multi-channel Java platform-based development tools that help simplify and automate the process of building custom multi-channel web portlets and applications.
- Pre-built, reusable builders that enable rapid application development and deployment.
- Rich interactive interfaces that deliver exceptional digital experiences on desktop browsers, smartphones, tablets and IBM Worklight.
- Tight integration with WebSphere Portal that extends your current portal infrastructure to create dynamic, personalized web applications.
- A flexible development platform with standards-based tools that integrate with your computing environment.
Advanced multi-channel Java platform-based development tools
- Use a model-based application development framework to author customized web portlets and applications accessible on multiple channels, including desktop browsers, smartphones tablets and IBM Worklight.
- Work with dynamic profiling features that enable on-demand delivery of personalized, role-based web applications and portlets without writing custom code for each scenario.
- Capture commonly used design patterns and company-specific business processes as reusable components to automate frequently used development processes.
- Enable portlets to interact and share relevant information, even when accessing data from disparate databases and systems.
- Develop Java Platform Enterprise Edition applications that can be modified instantly without requiring coding or duplication of assets.
Pre-built, reusable builders
- Take advantage of more than 150 preconfigured, reusable builders that can help you automate the development process and develop applications more quickly.
- Use builders to create application components without specific programming knowledge—for example, to develop a Dojo application without proficiency in Dojo technologies.
- Work with builders that can deliver applications to multiple channels. For example, use Worklight Camera Builder for accessing native device capabilities that are not available to basic web applications.
- Enable developers of all skill sets to create multipage, complex web portlets and applications.
Rich interactive interfaces
- Create user interfaces with drag-and-drop capabilities, contextual menus, inline editing, automated page refreshing and tooltips that display descriptive text.
- Generate fully functioning user interfaces for various WebSphere Portal portlet modes including view, edit and configure.
- Work with a library of web application templates with reusable code and samples that can be used for training or deployment of applications.
Tight integration with WebSphere Portal
- Create customized portlets that integrate natively with WebSphere Portal and can be deployed through WebSphere Application Server from a single set of source code.
- Use WebSphere Portal groups, user attributes and personalization rules to deploy personalized portlets that can adapt automatically to each user.
- Deploy and re-deploy a portlet’s web archive files to WebSphere Portal without having to generate scripts or XML deployment descriptors.
- Take advantage of the WebSphere Portal credential vault or Lightweight Third-Party Authentication tokens to provide single sign-on capabilities.
- Integrate collaboration capabilities through WebSphere Portal to enable users to send instant messages and emails directly from web applications.
A flexible development platform with standards-based tools
- Use pre-built connectors to create composite web applications and portlets that use existing applications and data sources, including relational databases, web services, Representational State Transfer services, SAP, PeopleSoft, IBM Domino®, Microsoft Excel and Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) sources like Filenet and Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Take advantage of flexible rendering and deployment capabilities with support for popular smartphone devices including Apple iPhone, Google Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile from a single source of programming code.
- Comply with open standards such as Java Specification Request (JSR)-168 and JSR-286 to build portlets and applications without detailed knowledge of the underlying technologies.
- Provide business users with tools to create, customize and manage portlets to reduce the burden on technical staff and speed the development of personalized digital experiences.
- Support server-side and client-side architecture to help reduce reliance on bandwidth availability and improve responsiveness of mobile applications.
Features and capabilities for IBM Web Experience Factory
Develop a single source application (portlet) that will adapt itself to the device type and form factor
Leveraging IBM Worklight
IBM Worklight is entitled to Portal Customers. Leverage IBM Worklight to deliver hybrid mobile solutions with out of the box IBM Web Experience Factory builders for IBM Worklight
See demo (00:06:48)
Improve Developer Productivity
Model based development approach with over 150+ out of the box builders that help make developers productive quickly.
Read the white paper (615KB)
IBM Digital Experience Ready
Out of the box tooling that leverages the latest IBM Digital Experience software capabilities like HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design themes and skins and Content Template Catalog (CTC) compatibility and IBM Worklight
Visit our video gallery
IBM Web Experience Factory resources