Automatic discovery and mapping of layer 1 transmission networks
IBM® Tivoli® Network Manager Transmission Edition automatically discovers and maps layer 1 transmission networks. This network diagnostics software collects inventory information, physical connectivity and logical connection for Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) and dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM).
Tivoli Network Manager Transmission Edition:
- Provides network visibility to help you visualize and manage complex networks and the services they deliver.
- Collects and distributes network data and integrates with operational support systems (OSS) and other workflow applications.
- Automatically generates and maintains network maps as the network changes, without manual intervention.
Provides network visibility
- Provides physical, port-to-port connectivity between devices.
- Captures logical connectivity information including virtual private network (VPN), virtual local area network (VLAN), Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), frame relay and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) services.
- Provides near real-time root-cause analysis, network diagnostics and advanced fault correlation. These tools can help your operations personnel identify the source of network faults more quickly and speed problem resolution.
Collects and distributes network data
- Builds and maintains knowledge about physical and logical network connectivity.
- Isolates the root causes of network downtime at the node and port levels.
- Can help you address problems before they become outages.
Automatically generates and maintains network maps
- Automatically discovers IP networks and gathers maps topology data.
- Delivers accurate, near real-time information about network connectivity, availability, performance, usage and inventory. This information is vital for achieving flow-through provisioning and optimizing return on network assets.
- Gives you visibility into unused ports and recovering lost capacity and physical assets. This can help you minimize unnecessary investments in hardware and network capacity.
- Can automate map maintenance, which helps save time and reduce administrative costs.