Network Management: discovery and event correlation to reduce mean-time-to-repair
IBM® Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition offers cost-effective, rapid and scalable network discovery, real-time visibility, event correlation / root-cause analysis and monitoring of next-generation network environments. Gain visibility and understanding of complex layers 2 and 3 IP networks along with non-IP layer 1 optical transport, backhaul and 2G/3G wireless networks.
Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition:
- Provides network visibility to help you visualize and manage complex networks and the services they deliver.
- Collects and distributes network data and integrates with operational support systems (OSS) and other workflow applications.
- Automatically generates and maintains network maps as the network changes, without manual intervention.
Provides network visibility
- Provides physical, port-to-port connectivity between devices.
- Captures logical connectivity information including virtual private network (VPN), virtual local area network (VLAN), Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), frame relay and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) services.
- Provides near real-time root-cause analysis, network diagnostics and advanced fault correlation. These tools can help your operations personnel quickly identify the source of network faults and speed problem resolution.
Collects and distributes network data
- Isolates the root causes of network downtime at the node and port levels.
- Can help you address problems before they become outages.
Automatically generates and maintains network maps
- Automatically discovers IP networks and gathers and maps topology data to deliver a complete picture of layer 2 and 3 as well as non-IP layer 1 optical transport, backhaul and 2G/3G wireless network devices.
- Delivers accurate, near real-time information about network connectivity, availability, performance, usage and inventory. This information can help you achieve flow-through provisioning and optimize return on network assets.
- Gives you visibility into unused ports and recovering lost capacity and physical assets. This can help you minimize unnecessary investments in hardware and network capacity.
- Can automate map maintenance, which helps save time and reduce administrative costs.