Extend the use of enterprise web portals to mobile devices
IBM named a Leader in 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Reports
IBM® Mobile Portal Accelerator provides access to enterprise web portals on mobile devices. It integrates with IBM WebSphere® Portal to deliver personalized web content, applications and services to virtually any mobile device. IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator offers comprehensive administration tools to deploy portal capabilities and to customize and manage the mobile web experience.
IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator features:
- Multichannel delivery that provides fast access to web portals from virtually any mobile device to deliver personalized web content.
- Standards-based deployment tools that integrate with your computing environment to extend web portal use to mobile users.
- Configuration tools that refine the interface of mobile web pages and deliver a logical workflow to users.
- Preconfigured, mobile-enabled portlets that enable deployment on mobile devices.
- A mobile portal toolkit that creates customized portlets for deployment on mobile devices.
- Uses a multichannel server with content-adaptation capabilities to deliver personalized web content to virtually any mobile device without authoring device-dependent code.
- Delivers web content to more than 7,400 mobile devices using a data repository that stores mobile device information, including types, attributes and each device’s visual presentation elements such as page layouts and style sheets.
- Includes an optional IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator Device Update service to add the newest manufacturers and models to the data repository as they become available, and rapidly supports users on the latest devices.
- Integrates with WebSphere Portal to deliver personalized web applications based on role, context, actions, location preferences and team collaboration needs.
- Aggregates a range of applications into a unified mobile web experience that provides a single sign-on and security-rich access to corporate resources.
Standards-based deployment tools
- Use standards-based XHTML with Device Independent Markup Extensions (XDIME and XDIME 2) to automatically optimize web content for mobile display and action without changing business logic.
- Take advantage of integration with IBM Web Content Manager to enable authors to deliver content to both server-based and mobile audiences.
- Make use of documentation included with Mobile Portal Accelerator to learn best practices and step-by-step guidelines for implementing web-enabled portals on mobile devices.
- Integrate with WebSphere Portal deployments operating on Windows, Linux, Solaris and IBM AIX® platforms.
- Use a navigation tree with nodes representing web pages, URLs, labels or portlets to define how users can access and navigate portal services from mobile devices.
- Change the navigation features on mobile devices by modifying navigation types such as links, pull-down menus and breadcrumb trails for optimal display on each device.
- Work with metadata to document each navigation node and portlet on a page for easier referral and filtering.
- Refine content delivery using metadata, such as device type and capabilities, to determine what can be displayed, and customize the display for the device.
- Set up optional preload notices that display after a link is selected, but before the corresponding page appears, to insert promotional advertisements, notify of charges associated with a selection or warn about content to be displayed.
Preconfigured, mobile-enabled portlets
- Support delivery of XDIME- and XDIME 2-enabled portlets to mobile users worldwide.
- Can be implemented immediately to provide common web functions such as RSS feeds, stock quotes, calendars, mail readers and log-in capabilities.
- Use a Mobile Media Access Proxy portlet to dynamically re-size images on individual mobile devices to match their display capabilities and enhance viewing.
- Work with the Mobile Portal Client Framework Sample portlet to see more than 50 XDIME 2 sample widgets, including those used for styling, transitions and pop ups, to deliver an enhanced interactive experience.
A mobile portal toolkit
- Uses the Eclipse plug-in toolkit with IBM Rational® Application Developer or IBM Rational Software Architect to create XDIME and XDIME 2 portlets and multichannel server policies.
- Customizes portlets using mobile application development tools, including markup and layout editors, mobile portlet samples, application programming interfaces (APIs) and templates for rapid site development and enforcement of style guidelines.
- Takes advantage of portal creation wizards to create configure-and-edit mode JavaServer Pages for XML-based, XDIME portlets and supports standards-based Java Specification Request (JSR)-168 and JSR-286 APIs.
- Works with a policy editor to create policies referenced in the XDIME markup and used by the multichannel server to make the best decisions for producing device-dependent markup on target devices.
- Deploys and tests XDIME portlets prior to full-scale use through a test environment.
IBM Mobile Portal Accelerator resources