Data quality assessment, analysis and monitoring
IBM® InfoSphere® Information Analyzer provides data quality assessment, data quality monitoring and data rule design and analysis capabilities. This software helps you derive more meaning from your enterprise data, reduces the risk of proliferating incorrect information, facilitates the delivery of trusted content, and helps to lower data integration costs.
InfoSphere Information Analyzer features include:
- Advanced analysis and monitoring provides source system profiling and analysis capabilities to help you classify and assess your data.
- Integrated rules analysis uses data quality rules for greater validation, trending and pattern analysis.
- Scalable, collaborative platform enables sharing of information and results across the enterprise.
- Support for heterogeneous data enables you to assess information over a wide range of systems and data sources.
Advanced analysis and monitoring
- Enables users to easily classify data, display data using semantics, validate column/table relationships and move to exception rows for further analysis.
- Provides data quality assessment functions such as column, primary key, foreign key, cross-domain and baseline analysis, and offers 80 configurable reports for visualizing analysis and trends.
- Uses the IBM Information Server scheduling service to allow scheduled execution of profiling, rules and metrics.
- Provides auditing, tracking and monitoring of data quality conditions over time to support data governance initiatives.
- Uses project-, role- and user-based approaches to control access to sensitive information, including the ability to restrict access to original data sources.
Integrated rules analysis
- Provides common data rules to perform trending, pattern analysis and establish baselines consistently over data sources.
- Offers multiple-level rules analysis (by rule, record, pattern) for evaluating data issues by record rather than in isolation.
- Provides pre-packaged data validation rules to reduce development time.
- Offers exception-based management of business rules and transformations.
Scalable, collaborative platform
- Provides native parallel execution for enterprise scalability to support large volumes of data.
- Supports multiple analytical reviews and asynchronous profiling to allow more than one user to work in a project-based context.
- Uses virtual tables and columns for analyzing data without requiring changes to a host database.
- Provides annotations to enable users to add their business names, descriptions, business terms and other attributes to tables, columns and rules.
- Supports multiple languages including English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Italian, German and French.
Support for heterogeneous data
- Uses open database connectivity (ODBC) or native connectivity to profile IBM DB2®, IBM Informix®, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Microsoft Access, Teradata and other data sources such as text files.
- Allows reuse and sharing of data rules in IBM InfoSphere DataStage® through IBM InfoSphere QualityStage® and InfoSphere Information Analyzer to help you align data quality metrics throughout the project lifecycle.
- Uses metadata to allow analytical results to be shared across all IBM InfoSphere Information Server modules.
- Integrates with IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench and IBM InfoSphere Business Glossary.
- Integrates with IBM InfoSphere Information Analyzer for Linux on System z®, allowing you to perform data quality functions directly on the mainframe.
InfoSphere Information Analyzer resources