Full-spectrum, flexible PC power management made simple
IBM Endpoint Manager for Power Management is policy-driven power management software that enables you to create and enforce conservation policies infrastructure-wide.
It provides the needed granularity to apply power management policies to a single computer. Reduce energy use and costs while avoiding system disruptions.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Power Management helps you:
- Manage power settings for your endpoints from a single console, regardless of endpoint location, connection type or status.
- Control energy costs and support green initiatives with a centralized, scalable policy-driven power management system for all endpoints running Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Empower users with an opt-in approach that allows them to select the appropriate power profile.
- Make the most of IBM Endpoint Manager technology with a single-infrastructure approach distributes decision-making to the endpoints.
Manage power settings for your endpoints
- Allows you to manage power options on Windows and Mac OS X desktops, notebooks and servers with minimal impact on budgets and staff.
- Supports up to 250,000 endpoints from a single management server.
- Assesses power status continuously without impacting system performance, reporting configuration changes to the central management server.
- Allows you to apply built-in capabilities to deal with common power management issues such as PC insomnia.
- Addresses ad-hoc power management control through “Last Man Standing” computers, and Wake-on-LAN (WoL) forwarders or directed broadcasts for flexibility and effectiveness.
Control energy costs and support green initiatives
- Provides near real-time tracking. System administrators know how much time an endpoint spends in idle, standby and off states. This creates an accurate view of current power usage and costs.
- Enables administrators to create highly complex power profiles that can be used to generate savings even in unusual computer usage scenarios.
- Provides a “what-if” scenario calculator, which helps project potential energy savings and encourages conservation initiatives.
- Generates reports that help you visualize ongoing energy consumption and savings, and measure the associated ecological impact.
- Helps maximize user participation by letting users choose from a menu of predetermined power configuration options.
- Engages users with a client-side dashboard that demonstrates projected impact of applying a particular power profile and shows actual savings achieved over time.
- Preserves user data by automatically saving documents prior to beginning a shutdown or sleep/standby procedure.
- Schedules WoL to enable endpoint wake-up before the start of the workday or for scheduled maintenance.
- Enables users to remotely “wake up” their own machines through a web console.
Make the most of IBM Endpoint Manager technology
- Places an intelligent agent on each endpoint. This single agent performs multiple functions including continuous self-assessment and policy enforcement with minimal impact on system performance.
- Includes near real time and continuous reporting and analysis from the intelligent agents on your organization’s endpoints.
- Allows any agent to be configured as a relay between other agents and the console. This relay function allows the use of existing servers or workstations to transfer packages throughout the network, reducing the need for servers.
- Supports the Fixlet Relevance Language. This published command language enables customers, IBM Business Partners and developers to create custom policies and services for endpoints managed by IBM Endpoint Manager software.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Power Management resources
- Case study: Penn State
Learn how Penn State University saved US$800,000 annually by consolidating power, lifecycle, patch management and security management with IBM Endpoint Manager.