Rapidly deploy missions from command centers to battlefields
IBM Defense Operations Platform provides an integrated environment to build and deploy mission capabilities.
IBM Defense Operations Platform provides a common, reusable, and interoperable software platform. It enables defense customers and systems integrators to rapidly architect, design, develop, test, deploy, and monitor new mission services and applications. This platform includes several editions.
- Rapid onboarding of mission capabilities — optimized for the creation and deployment of mission capabilities. Onboarding times have been reduced from months to weeks or days.
- Rapid implementation — automated deployment of a complete mission environment. It is designed to enable a rapid mission ramp-up and an increased operations tempo.
- Modular design — interoperable, modular, and scalable, enabling clients to adopt just the right amount of the provided capability.
- Enablement of common defense enterprise services — provides Core Interoperability Services that map to both NATO and US DoD Core Enterprise Services definitions, for example, chat, messaging, eventing, mission thread monitoring, and mission capability discovery and publishing.
- Durability, security, and maintainability — assists in achieving data durability, security, and maintainability requirements of a defense enterprise.
- Mission creation — a Mission Services Workbench for the creation and deployment of mission services is provided. The workbench deploys to the IBM Defense Operations Platform synchronized run-time editions.
- Deployment editions — run-times range from large, fixed data centers to lighter, deployable command posts and personal soldier platforms that operate at the edge of the battlefield.
- Hardware virtualization layer — enables deployment on a variety of client-chosen vendor platforms.