Simplify workload management and tailor user access to applications
IBM® CL/SuperSession is a System z® 3270 session manager that provides concurrent access to multiple applications from a single 3270 terminal.
IBM CL/SuperSession enables you to control application access with customized menus for specific users or groups. You can move between active applications with a single keystroke to increase efficiency and application management.
IBM CL/SuperSession provides the flexibility to consolidate applications that are difficult to use, customize user security profiles and pull data from multiple sessions. These capabilities simplify the user experience and improve productivity.
IBM CL/SuperSession features:
- Ability to run procedural dialogs that access real terminal and multiple Virtual Telecommunications Access Method (VTAM®) sessions.
- User customization that can be tailored to meet your site's needs.
- HelpDesk function that provides a central point of control to monitor and perform actions against user and virtual sessions.
- IBM MVS™ and IBM IMS™ customization that uses the GATEWAY component.
Ability to run procedural dialogs
- Pulls data from multiple IBM VTAM sessions and places it into others.
- Takes two difficult-to-use applications and consolidates them into an easily understood screen.
- Enables programming of one keystroke to replicate a set of frequently performed keystrokes, much like macros in some PC software packages.
- Allows updating of authorities, group profiles, session timeouts and available sessions—applications can display according to security profiles.
- Provides automatic logging on to specific applications.
- Enables assigning users to groups based on the applications that they require.
- Helps you move easily between applications by using a hot key or phrase.
- Users can split emulator screens into multiple display spaces.
- Provides monitoring of critical resources and allows administrators to assist users.
- Provides alert broadcasts and viewing system information such as CL/SuperSession storage, user-defined virtual terminal pools and current total active and active sessions.
- Enables you to monitor CL/SuperSession resources with color-coded status lights.
IBM MVS and IBM IMS customization
- Improves security and enhances network control.
- Includes CL/Gateway for MVS—a VTAM network access manager that provides a single entry point to a Systems Network Architecture (SNA) network.
- Allows full customization of presentation and processing logic through CL/Gateway for MVS.
- Supports screen customization for logon, menu selection, broadcast information, network news, application help facilities and error notification.
- Provides access and control facilities for maintaining session integrity with IMS/DC ASSIGN and DEQUEUE session services through CL/Gateway for IMS.
IBM CL/SuperSession resources