Maximize velocity and optimize resources with System z workloads
IBM® Tivoli® Workload Scheduler for z/OS® enables you to automate, plan and control the processing of IBM System z® workloads. When combined with IBM® Workload Automation, it includes and integrates workloads, tasks and processes for distributed environments – as well as enterprise applications.
It functions as a virtual control point and allows you to intervene manually as required – giving you full control over service execution.
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS:
- Aggregates and centrally manages workloads—using business policies. It drives cross-enterprise, heterogeneous workloads to support your business goals and service levels.
- Acts as a business processes integration hub—with a highly scalable and highly available workload automation backbone.
- Uses Cloud and Mobile technology— to help minimize fixed costs and simplify business unit projects.
Aggregates and centrally manages workloads
- Provides calendar and event-based workload automation and prioritizes workload execution to help meet Service Level Agreements. Move from a static, platform-based approach to a flexible, service-driven environment.
- Minimizes human intervention by taking autonomous policy-based actions to respect critical jobs deadlines.
- Proactively monitors and manages workloads by exception. Can correlate and filter near real-time events and analyze historical data by creating reports.
- Notifies you when unusual conditions occur in the infrastructure or batch scheduling activity and provides self-healing capabilities and automated recovery.
- Simplifies management and troubleshooting with a single point of control. Provides a modern Web-browser based console, with dashboards and graphical views of your production plan and progress.
- Assembles long chains of execution across multiple environments with cross dependencies.
Acts as a business process integration hub
- Allows planning for hundreds of thousands of jobs, resolves interdependencies and launches and tracks each job. Maps all unattended business processes with great accuracy.
- Minimizes idle time and improves production flow by automatically processing heterogeneous workloads according to business policies.
- Provides business continuity and integrity with a hot standby architecture, alternate workstation definition and backup plans.
- Fully integrates with IBM® Tivoli® System Automation for z/OS® to manage and control system resources within a single workflow and Tivoli Enterprise Portal to monitor workloads and resources in a broader system management context through a common interface.
- Fully integrates with Workload Manager for dynamic routing of workloads to System z resources. This helps optimize workload velocity and IT resource use.
- Offers out-of-the box integration with big data analytics and business intelligence software. It constitutes the business process integration hub that connects applications and data sources across mainframe, distributed servers and cloud.
- Supports the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration standard protocol to easily integrate with other tools in the software delivery lifecycle.
- Provides automated incident creation for ended-in-error jobs, using the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration protocol.
- Enables for direct access to production job logs and historical runs through out-of-the-box integration with IBM® Tivoli® Output Manager.
Uses Cloud and Mobile technology
- Takes advantage of the elastic capabilities of the cloud and enables organizations to expand or shrink their distributed system resource investment levels in real time based on changing business needs.
- Provides the right level of flexibility to move applications into the cloud or trigger the provisioning of additional distributed servers to assist with a peak demand.
- Offers self-service catalog on mobile devices for business users to autonomously trigger business services requests and monitor the results.
- Offers self-service dashboards on mobile devices for business users to autonomously have a health check view of workload automation environment.
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS resources