Support your promotion strategy with centralized planning for promotional offers
Best practices in promotion planning
Learn new strategies for today's retail promotions
IBM Promotion Planning supports your promotion strategies by providing a configurable, centralized planning environment for you to plan and manage the details of promotional offers. It provides a foundation for managing your promotional activities and for forecasting with IBM Promotion Optimization. IBM Promotion Planning also works with IBM Deal Management to automatically incorporate offers submitted by a vendor, along with associated details.
IBM Promotion Planning:
- Provides a centralized repository of promotional offers and associated details to create a more efficient planning environment.
- Localizes promotional offers to increase relevancy, including localization of pricing and items.
- Tracks vendor allowances to work more effectively with vendors and enable you to manage allowance details.
- Helps centralize forecasts and manage financials with user-entered forecasts, performance tracking and financial reports.
Provides a centralized repository of promotional offers and associated details
- Houses details about your promotions, including items included in the promotion, valid dates, distribution, trade fund allowances, user-entered forecasts and product placement details.
- Captures pricing details in a structured format, whether a straight percentage, flat-rate discount, buy-one-get-one or multiples offer, package or other complex promotion type.
- Enables you to define performance details as part of a promotion, including specific pricing action, whether the item is on an ad or on display and if there is a coupon associated with the promotion.
- Stores offers and their details in a central repository of promotional offers, which can be used to feed various downstream systems, including price hosting, ad execution and demand forecasting systems.
Localizes promotional offers to increase relevancy
- Allows you to vary pricing, offerings and merchandising tactics to reflect the needs of local markets.
- Lets you map stores to different locations and sort those locations into logical groupings for planning different pricing, item and merchandising actions.
- Handles localization in a hierarchical fashion, allowing you to work at the individual store or market level.
- Allows you to adjust pricing if a store is close to a competitor or if certain stores have higher costs.
- Helps manage product swaps and various merchandising tactics to reflect factors such as different store formats.
Tracks vendor allowances to work more effectively with vendors
- Centralizes the tracking of vendor allowances and calculates margins inclusive of these funds.
- Integrates with IBM Deal Management to automatically import the majority of data entered into Deal Management by vendors, including offers and allowance details, eliminating the need for manual promotion entry.
- Supports various allowance types, including flat fee, performance (shipment- and consumption-based) and non-performance.
- Allows easier tracking of payment methods and other allowance details.
Helps centralize forecasts and manage financials
- Supports user-entered forecasts that can be used in conjunction with IBM Promotion Optimization or independently.
See a promotion’s impact on revenue, gross margin and unit volume.
Get detailed data on how similar promotions have performed in the past.