Support your promotion strategy with centralized planning for promotional offers
Best practices in promotion execution
Learn new strategies for today's retail promotions
IBM® Promotion Planning, formerly DemandTec® Promotion Planning, supports your promotion strategies by providing a configurable, centralized planning environment for you to plan and manage the details of promotional offers. It provides a foundation for event execution through IBM Promotion Execution and for forecasting with IBM Promotion Optimization. IBM Promotion Planning also works with IBM Deal Management to automatically incorporate offers submitted by a vendor, along with associated details.
IBM Promotion Planning:
- Provides a centralized repository of promotional offers and associated details to create a more efficient planning environment.
- Localizes promotional offers to increase relevancy, including localization of pricing and items.
- Tracks vendor allowances to work more effectively with vendors and enable you to manage allowance details.
- Helps centralize forecasts and manage financials with user-entered forecasts, performance tracking and financial reports.
Provides a centralized repository of promotional offers and associated details
- Houses details about your promotions, including items included in the promotion, valid dates, distribution, trade fund allowances, user-entered forecasts and product placement details.
- Captures pricing details in a structured format, whether a straight percentage, flat-rate discount, buy-one-get-one or multiples offer, package or other complex promotion type.
- Enables you to define performance details as part of a promotion, including specific pricing action, whether the item is on an ad or on display and if there is a coupon associated with the promotion.
- Stores offers and their details in a central repository of promotional offers, which can be used to feed various downstream systems, including price hosting, ad execution and demand forecasting systems.
Localizes promotional offers to increase relevancy
- Allows you to vary pricing, offerings and merchandising tactics to reflect the needs of local markets.
- Lets you map stores to different locations and sort those locations into logical groupings for planning different pricing, item and merchandising actions.
- Handles localization in a hierarchical fashion, allowing you to work at the individual store or market level.
- Allows you to adjust pricing if a store is close to a competitor or if certain stores have higher costs.
- Helps manage product swaps and various merchandising tactics to reflect factors such as different store formats.
Tracks vendor allowances to work more effectively with vendors
- Centralizes the tracking of vendor allowances and calculates margins inclusive of these funds.
- Integrates with IBM Deal Management to automatically import data entered into Deal Management by vendors, including offers and allowance details, eliminating the need for manual promotion entry.
- Supports various allowance types, including flat fee, performance (shipment- and consumption-based) and non-performance.
- Allows easier tracking of payment methods and other allowance details.
Helps centralize forecasts and manage financials
- Supports user-entered forecasts that can be used in conjunction with IBM Promotion Optimization or independently.
- Allows you to track performance through various financial reports available within the system.
See a promotion’s impact on revenue, gross margin and unit volume.
Get detailed data on how similar promotions have performed in the past.