Optimize offers and placement for more profitable promotion
Learn five critical steps for success
IBM Promotion Optimization improves promotion management by enabling retailers to execute more effective and profitable promotion plans using optimized offers and placements. It is part of a promotion management suite of solutions that can help manage the entire promotions process, from collaborative promotion planning and deal management to in-flight and post-event analysis. IBM Promotion Optimization uses advanced consumer demand management science to help retailers develop promotional offers and ad placements that increase the total store impact across categories.
IBM Promotion Optimization helps you:
- Develop more profitable promotional plans by optimizing offers and ad placements for more effective and profitable promotion strategies.
- Significantly increase the incremental lift and total store impact of promotions by using advanced consumer demand management science.
- Create category plans to help achieve objectives using integrated forecasts, which help ensure that promotions meet company goals.
- Strategically allocate space in ads and displays using insight into lift from various tactics.
Develop more profitable promotional plans
Significantly increase the incremental lift and total store impact of promotions
- Optimize the use of offerings and ad placements to take full advantage of promotional activities.
- Use advanced consumer demand management science to develop promotional offers and placements that increase the total store impact across categories.
Create category plans to help achieve objectives
- Quickly determine the optimal discounted price for virtually any item or promoted item group.
- Calculate the optimal type of temporary price reduction, such as buy one get one, percent off and multiples.
- Determine the optimal use of merchandising support, such as ads and displays, as well as specific placement within an ad.
Strategically allocate space in ads and displays
- View category plans in a master calendar that provides a single, unified view of planned events across categories.
- Access an integrated forecast that shows promotions as well as pricing types.
- Use integrated forecasts to help ensure that promotions meet company goals.
- Continually monitor and measure the results of events, weekly promotions and partial-week promotions.
- Significantly increase the incremental “pull” and total store impact of virtually every promotion.
- Create different scenarios to see what could happen if the ads or displays were changed.
- Compare multiple iterations of various promotions to identify the right combination of discount and merchandising support.
- Analyze pull-through effects, cannibalization between promoted items and regularly priced items, cannibalization between stacked promotions, and the pantry-loading effects of successive promotions.
- Access analytics and recommend a product or price based on specific goals, such as volume, margin or revenue, which are set for the event and category.
See a promotion’s impact on revenue, gross margin and unit volume.