Retail promotion planning and execution of highly versioned promotional events
Best practices in promotion execution
Learn new strategies for today’s retail promotions
IBM® Promotion Execution, formerly DemandTec® Promotion Execution, helps merchants, buyers, and marketing and ad planners improve their retail promotion planning and execution strategies for highly versioned promotions and events. It ties the repository of offers built in IBM Promotion Planning to different events, such as circulars, print media, in-store displays and signage. IBM Promotion Execution can significantly improve visibility and accountability, reduce costly errors and increase consistency across media channels.
IBM Promotion Execution helps you:
- Improve the efficiency of the retail promotion planning process using a powerful, version-enabled environment to rapidly build promotions.
- Execute promotions consistently across customer touchpoints to simplify the process of publishing content to print and digital media.
- Simplify collaboration with an integrated planning environment that enables collaboration among analysts, marketing, advertising, buyers, merchants and other partners.
Improve the efficiency of the retail promotion planning process
- Access versioning capabilities that simplify the process of creating multiple versions of a promotion and event.
- Allow participants in the planning process to access, review, edit and approve promotions.
- Create promotional display and signage that target individual customer segments and support unique regional, demographic or store format differences.
- Provide dozens or even hundreds of targeted promotions with the same effort and control previously required for a single national promotion.
- Get ads out faster and beat the competition to market.
Execute promotions consistently across customer touchpoints
- Publish content to print media, such as ad circulars, in-store displays or signage, or to digital media, such as ecommerce websites, email messages or mobile media.
- Automatically communicate versioned content, images, prices and layout directly to Adobe InDesign for print media or through an XML feed to digital media channels.
- Enable artists to work within Adobe InDesign to quickly build pages and maintain links to the highly versioned promotional elements.
- Automate the flow of promotions content through the system as other team members make changes to prices and other content, decreasing chances for error and dramatically simplifying the promotions execution process.
Simplify collaboration with an integrated planning environment
- Use a centralized marketing calendar and highly graphical event layout environment to enable each person involved in event planning to plan his or her portion with visibility into other elements of the event.
- Automatically pull images and copy into an event and version this content based on how the promotion is defined and the market segments to which the event is being published.
See promotional content alongside detailed execution data.