Comprehensive solution for secure, fast, and reliable file transfer.
IBM® MQ Managed File Transfer facilitates the secure, reliable and real-time transfer of files within the IBM MQ network, as well as across a range of other platforms and networks. This manageable and auditable file transfer solution solution provides greater visibility and control of file transfer activity through a single system. IBM MQ Managed File Transfer is optimized to eliminate costly redundancies and lower maintenance costs, while maximizing existing IT investments.
IBM MQ Managed File Transfer features:
- A complete, flexible file transfer gateway that integrates with your IBM MQ environment.
- Reliable and flexible technology that supports fast, cost-effective file transfers.
- Complete visibility and auditability of files with central visibility and tracking of all file data movement:
- Performance and security-rich file handling capabilities for end-to-end security and encryption of file data.
- Integrated administration tools that help to manage and customize your setup.
*IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Solution is available as a separate entitlement or through purchase of IBM MQ Advanced. The latest release combines enhancements to the core feature of IBM MQ Managed File Transfer with further capabilities added by including Sterling file transfer capabilities.
A complete, flexible file transfer gateway
- Take advantage of the powerful teaming of IBM® MQ Managed File Transfer and Sterling Connect, with full monitoring by Sterling Control Center.
- Exchange files rapidly, securely and cost-effectively across all major platforms.
- Use for most messaging needs including message-to-file and file-to-message, file to file over MQ and peer-to-peer file transfer.
- Adapt your messaging needs using multiple communication protocols.
- Work with files of most sized, between a wide range of platforms and systems.
Reliable and flexible technology
- Provides reliable and efficient transfer of files, regardless of size or network failure.
- Protects your sensitive data with secure protocols and encryption.
- Extends MQ to offer more flexible integration options and enrichment with high performance and scalability.
- Takes advantage of event-driven file transfers for flexible, dynamic distribution of file data, audit logs and alerts.
- Helps modernize a batch-oriented architecture into real-time handing of file data.
Complete visibility and auditability of files
- Get real-time visibility into file-driven information exchanges within and between businesses.
- Achieve end-to-end visibility across file transfers, including those that use IBM MQ Managed File Transfer and Sterling Connect:Direct.
- Get timely and accurate audit trails and reports for file transfer activity.
- Use automated file transfers for increased control and productivity.
- Take advantage of automated retry, checkpoint restart and error recovery features to minimize failures and exception handling.
Performance and security-rich file handling capabilities
- Provides high-performance file transfer, capable of managing files of all sizes and volumes.
- Offers real-time file transfer with fewer reliability issues when compared with FTP transfers.
- Assigns permission and role-based security rules to each file transfer.
- Provides high reliability and security to prevent loss of sensitive files.
Integrated administration tools
- Integrates file transfer capabilities directly within the IBM MQ environment without installing a separate product.
- Uses the Eclipse-based IBM MQ Explorer with an intuitive graphical interface.
- Offers point-to-point, peer-to-peer and publish-and-subscribe delivery methods to facilitate integration throughout the enterprise.
- Enables applications to use web application programming interfaces (APIs) to transfer files such as office productivity tools and computer-assisted design (CAD) programs.
- Supports IBM AIX®, HP-UX, Linux on x86, Linux on IBM System z®, Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows and IBM z/OS® operating systems.
IBM MQ Managed File Transfer resources