Continuous delivery of high quality mobile apps
IBM® MobileFirst Quality Assurance, part of the IBM MobileFirst Platform, takes mobile application testing beyond the test lab by directly engaging with testers and end users in the process. Their feedback is gathered and assessed throughout the lifecycle, providing insights for enhancing your DevOps approach for rapid mobile app delivery. For line of business professionals and development teams, IBM MobileFirst Quality Assurance helps prioritize mobile app quality and performance issues.
IBM MobileFirst Quality Assurance features:
- User feedback and sentiment analysis delivers user input from within the app and mined from public app stores.
- Automated crash analytics provide context-rich crash logs from beta and released apps automatically.
- In-app bug reporting allows defects to be submitted in seconds while using the app from your mobile device.
- Over-the-air app build distribution provides the latest information and builds to testers.
- Evidence-based prioritization enables business and IT professionals to collaborate on mobile strategy and user experience.
User feedback and sentiment analysis
- Mines public app stores for ratings and user sentiment.
- Provides a detailed and graphical view into why an app is receiving poor ratings relative to competitors.
- Allows developers to gain a user-centric view on mobile app quality.
- Provides insight to the difficult issues needing to be addressed.
Automated crash analytics
- Sends app crash data to the IBM MobileFirst Quality Assurance server where it is analyzed and made available to the development team.
- Integrates with developer bug-tracking system to automatically open work items.
- Provides crash data capture capabilities throughout the user-centric, interactive phase of testing and after release.
- Offers additional analytics to recognize crashes that occur at the same place and aggregate them to show how many times a crash occurs at the same location in the app logic.
In-app bug reporting
- Provides context-aware bug reports with screen captures and device details and enables testers to report a defect from inside the app.
- Enables testers to simply shake the mobile device and the app being tested goes into bug-reporting mode.
- Allows testers to capture screen images and annotate the screen image with lines, circles, arrows—anything that fingers can draw.
- Enables testers to easily describe the defect and submit the description without leaving the app and continue testing.
Over-the-air app build distribution
- Uploads the app binary and identifies those who should be notified about the availability of a new build.
- Sends email notification of a new build.
- Enables testers to click a link in the notification and automatically download the new version to their mobile device—installed and ready for testing.
- Helps ensure testers have the correct build of the app to be tested.
- Tracks the rate of app installations for testing purposes to optimize tester load.
- Uses cumulative usage session information to understand the efficiency and effectiveness of your testing community.
- Supports collaboration across business owners and development teams to plan the next update based on crash data, bug report frequency and sentiment analysis.
IBM MobileFirst Platform Quality Assurance resources