Collaboratively create and edit word processing, spreadsheet and presentation documents
IBM® Connections Docs Cloud is a suite of socially enabled office productivity tools that enable you to collaboratively create and edit documents in real time. It provides document collaboration services such as co-editing, file management and contextual commenting.
IBM Connections Docs Cloud can reduce the review and rework cycles associated with creating team-based business documents. It enhances the collaboration environment and improves the productivity and efficiency of a team by bringing them together on a single editing platform.
IBM Connections Docs Cloud, part of the Connections Cloud family and an integral component of the Connections Cloud S1, Connections Cloud S2 and Social Cloud solutions:
- Provides collaborative editing that increases productivity and accelerates results.
- Reduces IT costs by using online editing software and helping to eliminate the need for expensive office suites.
- Supports Microsoft Office and OpenDocument.
Provides collaborative editing
- All editors can edit documents at their convenience—real time co-editing or asynchronously for teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Online editing reduces number of steps to consolidate content.
- Author presence awareness improves collaborative productivity.
- Social commenting and discussion forums make navigation through comment streams easy and contextual.
Reduces IT costs
- Features a lightweight browser capability that offers optimum tools for normal scenarios—and helps eliminate the need for costly office productivity software features that are rarely used.
- Is ready to use from the cloud with minimal IT assistance.
Supports Microsoft Office and OpenDocument
- Allows users to create content in rich-client formats and then share it by uploading to IBM Connections Docs Cloud.
- Preserves advanced features from desktop editing tools, such as advanced filters and pivot tables.
- Enables users to download a file from IBM Connections Docs Cloud and edit in Microsoft Office or Apache OpenOffice.