Deploy integrated collaboration tools on the IBM Cloud
IBM® Connections™ Cloud S1 (formerly IBM SmartCloud® Engage Advanced) is a collection of collaboration tools that combines IBM Verse enterprise-class email, instant messaging, online document editing, web conferencing, file sharing and social business services in an easier-to-deploy, simplified package. As a cloud-based service, your collaboration tools are managed by IBM, allowing you to focus on your core business.
With IBM Connections Cloud S1, you benefit from essential and effective collaboration tools in a security-rich environment that helps simplify and improve your daily business interactions with customers, partners and colleagues.
Delivered as software as a service, IBM Connections Cloud S1:
- Combines cloud-based business email with advanced collaboration tools for one low monthly price
- Allows you to work and edit content virtually anywhere using a web browser, IBM Notes client or mobile devices.
- Helps you engage the right resources at the right time by enabling you to collaborate and work with your external networks.
- Provides security-rich features designed to protect critical information.
- Lowers total cost of ownership and helps control costs by reducing capital expenditures through affordable, accessible cloud services.
Combines cloud-based business email with advanced collaboration tools
- Access collaboration tools including a personal dashboard, file sharing with built-in preview, communities, instant messaging, mobile and online document editing.
- Host web meetings for up to 200 participants with videocasting, desktop and application sharing, and polling.
- Access email and calendar for web, desktop and mobile with spam and anti-virus protection. Includes IBM Notes® Traveler.
- Use Document Editors for collaboratively authoring word processor, spreadsheet and presentation documents on your favorite devices.
- Use mobile apps for document editing, accessing files, participating in online meetings, chatting with contacts and synching email and calendar.
Allows you to work and edit content virtually anywhere
- Access full-featured email, calendaring, contact management and instant messaging through IBM Notes client or a web browser.
- Use IBM SmartCloud Notes Traveler for Notes for access to email, calendar and contacts on various mobile devices, including Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Windows Mobile, Google Android and Nokia Symbian.
- Choose the optional SmartCloud Notes Hosted BlackBerry Service to access email, calendar and contacts on BlackBerry devices.
- Access support for IMAP clients including Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007, Mozilla Thunderbird 9.0.1, and Apple Mail 4 and 5.
- Utilize an API extension to manage IBM Notes Traveler with your existing Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools.
Helps you engage the right resources at the right time
- Host online meetings, store and share files, and manage projects in the cloud.
- Collaborate on word processing, spreadsheet and presentation documents seamlessly—with team members or outside contributors.
- Benefit from an optional SmartCloud Archive Essentials email archive solution to capture and retain the content of users' email messages for later legal discovery.
- Available in 22 languages.
Provides security-rich features
- Offers built-in spam and virus protection services.
- Features encryption protection, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and security-rich password recovery, digital signatures and per-message encryption, data encryption at rest, and opportunistic Transport Layer Security encryption in transit.
- Supports Federated identity through Security Assertion Markup Language.
- Provides governance processes/policy enforcement.
- Includes IBM compliance programs deployed throughout the delivery environment, and IBM data center and operational processes consistent with SAS 70 Type II controls testing.
Lowers total cost of ownership and helps control costs
- Provides predictable monthly and annual subscriptions—often for less than an in-house solution.
- Helps reduce capital expenditures with little to no up-front investment.
- Requires minimal IT staffing.
- Helps save time, increase productivity and streamline communication.
IBM Connections Cloud S1 resources