Holistic care management that extends beyond traditional clinical care plans
IBM® Care Management is a packaged software application that delivers key capabilities required to manage care across the care continuum. It can identify clients in need of care, assess their needs, establish the appropriate care plan to support their needs, manage the care and monitor results and outcomes. IBM Care Management combines data integration, analytics and coordination of care capabilities into a single ready-to-use offering that offers a personalized, 360-degree view of the individual to facilitate outcome-focused care.
IBM Care Management can:
- Support a team-based and patient-centered approach to care through cross-organizational collaboration.
- Create a single view of the patient and care plan using standards-based, integration support.
- Enrich data brought into the care management solution by accurately identifying healthcare facts in unstructured data and converting it to standard codes.
Support a team-based and patient-centered approach to care
- Coordinate and collaborate across a multidisciplinary team that may include physicians, nurses, social workers, mental health counselors, physical therapists, community workers and family members.
- Visualize the biopsychosocial client profile in a 360-degree view.
- Receive referrals using a configurable workflow and automatically create an outcome plan.
- Use an intuitive and flexible outcome planning interface to create more comprehensive care plans that extend beyond traditional clinical care plans.
- Collaborate across diverse stakeholders efficiently to coordinate care, locate and refer care providers, and optimize resources.
Create a single view of the patient and care plan
- Support bidirectional integration with electronic medical records (EMR) and other source systems, following health care standards for data exchange.
- Use graphical mapping tooling, connectors (nodes) and IHE, HL7 and Continua schemas and development patterns for easier integration.
- Unify and synchronize fragmented clinical, social and behavioral health information to create a single, personalized view of the patient and care plan.
Enrich data brought into the care management solution
- Accurately identify healthcare facts in the unstructured data brought into the solution, such as doctor’s notes and care worker notes.
- Convert unstructured data to standard codes using ready-to-use accelerators.
- Mine unstructured information that accounts for 80 percent of health and social care data and convert it to structured data for an enriched understanding of the individual.
- Parse unstructured data to bring insights to the point of care where it is needed most.
- Take advantage of more than 100 dictionaries and 800 parsing rules to help extract and map information to diagnoses, procedures, labs and medications using industry standards such as ICD-10, CPT, SNOMED and RXNORM.
IBM Care Management demos
Get a 360-degree patient view
Improve efficiency and care delivery processes with a better view of patients.
Analyze data to aid care planning
Use natural language processing to analyze unstructured data for use in care planning.
Use configurable assessments
Work with evidenced-based, person-centric assessments to inform better care and service planning.