Easy as “Save As → Cloud”
IBM Bluemix Lift makes it easy to quickly, securely and reliably migrate your database from your on-premises data center to an IBM Bluemix cloud data property. It takes the complexity out of ground-to-cloud database migrations. Simply specify your source database and which cloud database you would like to migrate to. Bluemix Lift takes care of the rest.
With Bluemix Lift you can migrate your data from IBM Pure Data System for Analytics and IBM DB2 to the IBM dashDB cloud data warehouse and IBM DB2 on Cloud. Additionally, CSV flat files can be used to load IBM dashDB and IBM DB2 on Cloud.
IBM Bluemix Lift helps you migrate your data to the cloud:
Fast: achieve data ingest speeds tens of times faster than traditional data movement solutions.
Zero downtime: eliminate the downtime associated with database migrations.
Secure: Bluemix Lift encrypts your data as it travels across the wire.
Easy: Kick off a large database migration and walk away without worry.
Blazing-fast data movement
- Bluemix Lift accelerates data transfer by embedding IBM Aspera’s patented and highly efficient bulk data transport technology.
- Data transfer with Bluemix Lift is blazing fast. Moving 10TB of data takes only a little more than a day – depending on your network connection.
Zero downtime database migration
- Bluemix Lift uses advanced change data capture technology developed by IBM to track incremental changes to your source database and replay them to your target database.
- Any applications using the source DB can keep running uninterrupted while the database migration is in progress.
- Any data movement across the internet requires strong encryption so that your data is never compromised.
- Bluemix Lift encrypts your data as it travels across the wire on its way to your IBM cloud data property.
Easy to use
- Set up your source data connection, provide credentials to your target database, verify schema compatibility with your target database engine – and then hit run.
- The Bluemix Lift service automatically recovers from problems; including drops in network connectivity, encountered during data extract, transport and load.
- You can kick off a large database migration and walk away without worry.
Not in United States?