Hadoop-as-a-service, big data analytics in the cloud
IBM® BigInsights™ on Cloud provides Hadoop-as-a-service on IBM’s SoftLayer® global cloud infrastructure. It offers the performance and security of an on-premises deployment without the cost or complexity of managing your own infrastructure.
BigInsights is an industry standard Apache Hadoop offering that helps enterprises cost-effectively manage and analyze big data.
BigInsights on Cloud provides the following features and benefits:
- Managed operations provide 24 x 7 monitoring
- IBM Open Platform with current and stable Apache Hadoop components
- Dedicated bare metal nodes for enhanced performance, data privacy and security
- High value in-Hadoop analytics features, including Big SQL, Big Sheets, Text Analytics, Big R and Machine Learning
Accelerates and simplifies cluster deployment
- Improve time-to-value with faster, lower risk, automated deployments
- Choice of node sizes provide price-performance across variety of use cases
- Grow or shrink your cluster as per business requirements
Managed operations allows focus on delivering insights
- Infrastructure and key platform components monitored 24 x 7 by IBM Cloud Operations team to ensure availability
- High severity software patches and security updates are promptly applied
- Access to Hadoop expertise and knowledgebase
Provides advanced tools to reduce time to value
- Use Big SQL for ANSI-compliant SQL services over native Hadoop data and retain existing investments in tools and expertise.
- Use Big R to achieve parallelization of R algorithms over entire data set across the cluster
- Use text analytics to extract information from text and gain better insights from unstructured data.
- Use Big Sheets to make data accessible to business users through a simpler, spreadsheet-like web interface.
Optimizes performance and enhances security
- Dedicated infrastructure ensures that data is private and compute resources are isolated.
- Public and private firewalls prevent unauthorized access
- Data at rest encryption through native HDFS encryption or optional Guardium Data Encryption