Protect physical and virtual endpoints from malware and data loss
IBM BigFix Protection delivers real-time protection from malware and other malicious threats through file and web reputation, personal firewall, behavior monitoring and more.
It can protect physical and virtual endpoints from damage caused by viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, rootkits, web threats and their new variants. Reduce the risk of business disruptions that result from attacks on endpoints.
IBM BigFix Protection:
- Works at multiple levels of threat protection including helping to stop threats before they arrive. It checks files, URLs and emails for malicious potential in near real time.
- Cross references threat information with a large, cloud-based database.
- Provides single console management with complete visibility to all endpoints.
- Supports forward-looking technologies such as integrated data loss prevention (DLP), desktop virtualization and cloud-based services.
Works at multiple levels of threat protection
- Guards against the full range of malware and scans POP3 email and Microsoft Outlook folders for threats.
- Delivers integrated DLP capabilities using the same single console and single agent.
- Monitors and controls physical ports on endpoints. You can apply additional protections to restrict removable USB storage devices.
- Determines the safety of a file and prevents users from opening infected documents. The web reputation feature automatically determines the safety of millions of dynamically rated websites.
- Identifies suspicious system activities. If triggered, it can block execution to help prevent potentially damaging activities.
Cross references threat information
- Checks files and web addresses against the cloud-based database for potential malicious activities in near real time.
- Provides anti-malware protection to Mac and Microsoft Windows endpoints.
- Cleans endpoints of malware automatically, including processes and registry entries that are hidden or locked.
Provides single console management
- Centralizes the management of functions to coordinate among IT, security, desktop and server operations.
- Provides security for both fixed network-connected endpoints and roaming Internet-connected endpoints.
- Supports task delegation with granular, role-based administration.
- Delivers increased protection through policy enforcement. This helps provide antivirus services that are continuously installed, running and up to date.
- Helps increase operational efficiencies. Scales to help you lower management and distribution server costs.
Supports forward-looking technologies
- DLP helps enforce security policies and comply with data privacy regulations.
- Virtualization awareness automatically recognizes virtual endpoints and reduces resource contention issues. It integrates with virtualization solutions including Citrix Xen Desktop and VMware View.
- Lightweight footprint supports cloud-based capabilities for both security deployment and management. Signatures remain in the cloud, reducing the burden on individual endpoints.