Reduce cost, risk, and complexity of managing desktops, laptops, and other devices
IBM BigFix Lifecycle is single-agent, single-console technology that helps find and fix problems in minutes across all endpoints - whether connected or not, fixed or mobile, virtual or physical.
Deployed in as little as a few hours, IBM BigFix Lifecycle can help you:
Manage your endpoints
Address the full system lifecycle
Take advantage of the Endpoint Manager platform
Reduce management complexity and cost
Buy IBM BigFix Lifecycle
Asset Discovery and Inventory
Creates dynamic situational awareness about changing conditions in the infrastructure. The ability to run distributed scans on the entire network frequently delivers pervasive visibility and control to help ensure that organizations quickly identify all IP-addressable devices—including network devices and peripherals such as printers, scanners, routers and switches in addition to computer endpoints—with minimal network impact.
Provides policy-based installation, closed-loop verification and the ability to manage software distribution across Windows, UNIX, Linux and Mac OS platforms from a single, unified point of control. The solution delivers high first-pass success rates with minimal impact on network performance.
Operating System deployment
Delivers centralized control and automation to simplify bare-metal deployment of Windows images to new workstations, laptops and servers throughout the network, as well as OS migration and refresh for existing endpoints. At the same time, it reduces management costs, minimizes impact on end users, ensures compliance with organizational OS standards and reduces risks associated with non-compliant or insecure configurations.
Patch management includes comprehensive capabilities for delivering patches for Windows, UNIX, Linux and Mac OS and for third-party applications, including Adobe, Mozilla, Apple and Java, to distributed endpoints—regardless of their location, connection type or status. A single management server can support up to 250,000 endpoints, shortening patch times with no loss of endpoint functionality, even over low-bandwidth or globally distributed networks. Virtual patch management capabilities enable off line patching, making stale virtual machine images a thing of the past.
Remote desktop control
Provides support and control for Windows and Linux desktops, laptops and servers throughout the distributed environment from a central location. The desktop control features enable management and troubleshooting of systems that can streamline IT functions and reduce the workload on an organization’s help desk, even across Internet-brokered connections.
Supported platforms for the agent
- Network protection
- IBM BigFix Compliance
- IBM BigFix Inventory
- IBM BigFix Lifecycle
- IBM BigFix Patch
- IBM BigFix Protection
- IBM MobileFirst Protect Application Security
- IBM MobileFirst Protect Applications
- IBM MobileFirst Protect Gateway for Documents
- IBM MobileFirst Protect Laptop
- IBM MobileFirst Protect Content Suite
- IBM MobileFirst Protect Threat Management
- IBM Security Content Analysis Software Development Kit
- IBM Security Network Active Bypass
- IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System
- IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System Virtual Appliance
- IBM Security Network Protection
- IBM Security SiteProtector System
- IBM Security Trusteer Apex Advanced Malware Protection
- IBM Security X-Force Threat Intelligence
- IBM Security zSecure Adapters for QRadar SIEM
- IBM Security zSecure Admin
- IBM Security zSecure Alert
- IBM Security zSecure Audit
- IBM Security zSecure CICS Toolkit
- IBM Security zSecure Command Verifier
- IBM Security zSecure Manager for RACF z/VM
- IBM Security zSecure Visual
- IBM X-Force Exchange