Diagnostics doesn’t have to be complicated
IBM® Application Performance Diagnostics (APD) optimizes the performance of IBM WebSphere Application Server and IBM WebSphere Portal applications in cloud environments before they go into production. It helps you find and resolve performance issues quickly – even down to the code-level – with minimal impact to your business.
IBM® Application Performance Diagnostics (APD) helps you:
- Understand the health of the application server
- Eliminate the guesswork in diagnosing performance issues with code-level performance details
- Better manage diagnostics with a simplified deployment and maintenance process
Understand the health of the application server
- Provides key metrics on the health of your application infrastructure.
- Helps to determine the health of the application server and whether resource or capacity constraints are affecting performance.
Eliminate the guesswork in diagnosing performance issues
- Highlights the slowest requests and provides response time and CPU time for individual instances.
- Breaks down performance to the component and even method level to identify hot spots in the code.
- Provides contextual request information such as the SQL query in a JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) call, as well as a stack trace.
Better manage diagnostics
- Takes advantage of the lightweight new architecture in SmartCloud Monitoring - Application Insight to easily deploy APD to the hosted cloud, no matter whether it is a public or private cloud, a traditional IT environment or a hybrid.
- Install and configuration takes only minutes.
- Automatically scales up or down to meet the changing demand to ensure that there is no interruption or slowdown in monitoring during peak demand periods.
- Understands when a new instance has been provisioned to the cloud, discovers it automatically and can show its performance data in the user interface in seconds.
IBM® Application Performance Diagnostics