Helps ensure staff is notified of critical IT alerts
IBM Alert Notification is software as a service (SaaS) designed to instantly deliver notifications of problem occurrences in your IT operations using automated email, Short Message Service (SMS) and voice messaging. It allows you to use custom groups to send alerts to the appropriate people for a problem or class of problem. Groups can be created based on administrative roles, application names, department names or other criteria. Custom filters can be created for alerting different users based on incident type and severity.
With IBM Alert Notification, you can:
- Help ensure that you do not miss actionable, critical alerts.
- Route alerts to the right people.
- Accelerate alert response with automated escalation policies.
IBM Alert Notification helps you:
- Establish notification policies by filtering alerts and creating groups to focus on critical issues and disregard distractions.
- Track alerts with an alert viewer feature to prioritize notifications, perform actions and monitor notifications virtually in real time.
Establish notification policies by filtering alerts and creating groups
- Classify alert filters based on frequency, incident type, severity, "x-in-y" type scenarios and status.
- Align experts and groups with alert classifications—and send notifications to several experts at once.
- Create groups based on administrative roles, application names, department names or other criteria.
- Store contact details of experts to be automatically notified of problems in their area of responsibility.
- Escalate unacknowledged alerts after a set time period to the appropriate contact.
Track alerts with an alert viewer feature
- Track alerts from their receipt by the system through acknowledgment to resolution.
- Track changes with an alert history.
IBM Alert Notification resources