Data management capabilities enabling multisource data capture, control and analysis
IBM® i2® iBase is an intuitive intelligence data management application that enables collaborative teams of analysts to capture, control and analyze multisource data in security-rich workgroup environments. It addresses the analyst’s daily challenge of discovering and uncovering networks, patterns and trends in today’s increasing volumes of complex structured and unstructured data. i2 iBase provides a multiuser data sharing environment that combines rich analysis and visualization capabilities with dissemination tools.
i2 iBase features include:
- Flexible data acquisition and management that maps and transforms information to support visualization and analysis.
- Automated and task-driven analysis to uncover hidden connections faster and help analysts deliver timely and actionable results.
- Managed collaboration and workflow support that facilitates teamwork.
- Configurable off-the-shelf application to support flexible and cost-effective deployment.
Flexible data acquisition and management
- Flexible tools to map and transform information imported from structured and unstructured data sources into a centralized repository.
- Data import and export tools to gather information from a range of sources, including XML.
- Support for bulk loading of documents, pictures and charts.
- Information is modeled in a common format, enabling users to capitalize on data management tools to identify duplication and commonality across previously unrelated sources.
Automated and task-driven analysis
- Access to a range of tools to uncover hidden connections faster.
- Features, such as Search 360, that provide thorough, security-rich capabilities to search intelligence stored in records, charts and documents through an intuitive web-style search bar.
- Powerful visual-based queries to ask complex, focused questions without learning complicated computational query languages.
- Rich visualization and analysis when deployed with IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook and IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook Premium.
Managed collaboration and workflow support
- Built-in collaboration tools within i2 iBase, such as folder objects, database sub-setting and alerting.
- Multiple user notifications when key information is available, increasing the analytical team’s operation efficiency and awareness.
- Security-rich data access to help deliver sensitive information only to users who need it.
Configurable off-the-shelf application change
- Flexible and configurable data model and security layer that can be based upon either Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
- Users with little technical expertise can create and manage a schema dependent on their organization's needs through an intuitive designer interface with i2 iBase.
- Rapid out-of-the-box deployment and quick ramp-up to full productivity.
- Incremental expansion with optional tools, including i2 Analyst’s Notebook or i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium to support rich visual analysis and i2 iBase IntelliShare to facilitate cross-organization situational awareness.
- Added capabilities to incorporate geospatial context and Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) data into an analysis.
iBase allows users to more quickly and effectively access and interrogate data
Rich visual analysis via integration with Analyst's Notebook or Analyst's Notebook Premium