IBM® High Level Assembler and Toolkit Feature is a flexible development solution for all Assembler Language applications.
Improve programmer productivity and simplify program development and maintenance with this assembler and optional toolkit.
- Provides all the proven facilities found in earlier assemblers and many new facilities
- Helps you develop programs and subroutines for functions not typically provided by other symbolic languages, such as COBOL, FORTRAN, and PL/I
- Offers the optional High Level Assembler Toolkit Feature, a powerful and flexible set of tools that improves application recovery and development
- Includes, in the Toolkit Feature, the following tools: Disassembler, Cross-Reference Facility, Program Understanding Tool, Interactive Debug Facility, Structured Programming Macros and Enhanced SuperC
- Adds support for Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) to enhance cross-language communication and new conditional assembly functions and attributes for more powerful macros in the latest release
Key features include:
- Support for Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs) to enhance cross-language communication
- Macros/COPY files in USS file system for cross-system use
- Eight-byte address constants for IBM® z/Architecture® applications in 64-bit mode
- New conditional assembly functions and attributes for more powerful macros
- New and improved diagnostics to enhance application reliability
IBM High Level Assembler and Toolkit Feature provides numerous technology and business benefits:
- Enhanced usability with warning-suppression option
- Simplified tool integration with improved SYSADATA record layouts
- Cross-system compatibility assisted by ASCII constants
- Simplified macro coding with longer macro arguments and string variables
IBM Software Subscription and Support is included in the product price for the first year.
Not available for purchase online.