IBM® InfoSphere® Global Name Recognition helps manage, search, analyze, and compare multicultural name data sets by leveraging culture-specific name data & linguistic rules.
It leverages a unique linguistic-based approach that is based on over 20 years of research to address the needs of managing personal and business names from all over the world.
- Conducts knowledge-based name matching that considers every name, which greatly reduces false negatives and false positives
- Performs name matching against lists and other data sources and provides likely variations
- Scores and ranks results by leveraging linguistic-based search capabilities that consider similarity of pronunciation to identify matches as well as cultural variations
- Recognizes written, hand-keyed, and oral interpretations of name data
- Identifies and classifies the cultural heritage, country of association, gender, and parsing of a name, allowing for actionable business decisions
- Handles transliteration from Arabic, Cyrillic, Greek, Hangul (Korean), and Kana (Japanese), which includes both Hiragana and Katakana