EDI gateway with data translation for high-volume transactions
IBM® Sterling Gentran® provides electronic data interchange (EDI) and data translation for extremely high-volume transactions. It supports numerous EDI standards to meet the communication needs of various trading partners. IBM Sterling Gentran offers transaction controls, automation and security-rich features for safer, more efficient transaction processing.
IBM Sterling Gentran offers:
- Different editions to meet your business needs from basic to server-based solutions.
- Partner management and transaction controls for auditing, tracking and monitoring of complex transactions with multiple partners.
- Standards maintenance and security-rich features for improved data protection.
- Mapping integration for more efficient transaction processing.
Different editions to meet your business needs
- IBM Sterling Gentran:Basic® is a data translation and management system designed to help you communicate easily with your trading partners.
- IBM Sterling Gentran:Director® provides an electronic data interchange solution with data translation, process control and communication capabilities.
- IBM Sterling Gentran:Server® is a versatile, high-performance EDI solution, designed for the translation of inbound and outbound EDI files and messages.
Partner management and transaction controls
- Create and maintain the essential information needed to exchange data with multiple trading partners.
- View user documents or transactions that are inbound, outbound, in error and stored in the system’s database and file system.
- Re-process, delete and correct previous transactions.
- Define your own error messages and report on data errors in a way that makes sense for your business.
Standards maintenance and security-rich features
- Work with user-access and feature-access controls.
- Display and maintain EDI standards online.
- Create customized EDI standards for specific business needs.
- Build maps that define the relationships between your application files and your EDI standards.
- Take advantage of automated EDI processing to select the proper map based on partner definitions and then translate data into the appropriate EDI format.