Store and manage large volumes of information with high availability
IBM® FileNet® Image Services helps organizations store and manage large volumes of fixed information with high availability to users. It provides fast, security-rich access to enterprise content and documents. IBM FileNet Image Services helps users respond more quickly to business demands by finding the critical information they need with greater speed and ease.
FileNet Image Services:
- Provides faster, security-rich access to enterprise content and documents in a scalable environment that gives users quick access to critical information.
- Works with built-in connectors to extend services to EMC Centera®, IBM DR550 and SnapLock® magnetic write-once, read-many (WORM) environments.
- Takes advantage of Windows-based user interfaces for viewing, revising, sharing and distributing content through FileNet IDM Desktop, WEB Services and Open Client services.
- Integrates with magnetic storage and retrieval systems for flexible, scalable access to very large volumes of content.
- Uses a resource adaptor to connect with custom Java® 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications to extend storage functions to existing applications.
Provides faster, security-rich access to enterprise content and documents
- Stores and manages enterprise-level volumes of fixed information and content more efficiently to help increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Uses security-rich features that help prevent corruption and loss of critical content and documents caused by unexpected disruptions.
- Offers a high availability environment that gives users quick access to critical information.
- Works with a scalable environment to meet the changing demands of organizations.
Works with built-in connectors to extend services
- Includes three FileNet Image Services connectors for EMC Centera, IBM DR550 and SnapLock magnetic WORM storage products. These connectors enable more expansive, storage capabilities, including tools to aid regulatory compliance.
- Provides fast access to massive amounts of scalable storage while offering a viable online alternative to optical storage.
- Connects with EMC Centera storage technology to help prevent content from being overwritten or changed. Works with EMC Centera’s self-management, self-configuration and self-healing functions.
- Integrates with IBM DR550 to provide a non-erasable and non-rewritable disk storage subsystem for fixed content archiving and compliance-related functions.
- Works with SnapLock magnetic WORM storage to provide advanced data retention and internal IT compliance functions. Operates on NetApp® NearStore® and FAS network-attached storage devices.
Takes advantage of Windows-based user interfaces
- Provides an intuitive web browser-style interface for access to most document types, including word processing, spreadsheets, scanned paper documents, HTML forms, fax, audio and video.
- Enables automated deployment across large networks with support for Microsoft® Systems Management Server.
- Supports global, large-scale deployments while conforming to Microsoft globalization and localization standards.
- Delivers full-featured document search and viewing capabilities with content- or property-based queries. Saves predefined searches for fast re-use.
- Makes use of ActiveX® controls for integration with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Outlook® and Access®.
Integrates with magnetic storage and retrieval systems
- Takes advantage of existing enterprise storage investments and extends their use.
- Handles up to 8 petabytes of rewritable disk storage per system.
- Works with various storage technologies, including storage area network (SAN), network-attached storage (NAS), tape silos and hierarchical storage management (HSM).
- Retrieves data substantially faster than with an optical library.
- Delivers data integrity and data management capabilities plus improved device flexibility and higher reliability.
Uses a resource adaptor to connect with custom J2EE applications
- Connects custom J2EE applications to FileNet Image Services content for scalable, high performance, high volume access to vast amounts of business information.
- Enables users to access, view and manage FileNet Image Services content within a familiar Java application.
- Helps reduce costs associated with training, development and integration.
- Provides support for standard document management functions, including addition, retrieval, update, deletion and removal of documents and folders.
- Includes application programming interfaces (APIs) for custom application development and integration.
FileNet Image Services resources