Meet the content management challenge with a powerful ECM platform
IBM® FileNet® Content Manager Starter Pack is a full-featured enterprise content management (ECM) software package targeted for smaller deployments. It allows you to purchase only the number of licenses you need (up to 1400). You can upgrade to the full enterprise version of FileNet Content Manager later if your business requirements grow.
Provides all the features of FileNet Content Manager at a price to help rapidly increase ROI for smaller content management rollouts.
FileNet Content Manager Starter Pack combines powerful document management with ready-to-use workflow tools that automate your content-related tasks and activities.
- Provides a single repository of enterprise content — you can manage records, documents and email throughout the complete content lifecycle.
- Streamlines content management — and provides delivery with core ECM services.
- Simplifies compliance management activities — with workflows that help you track and control content and manage risks.
- Integrates with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office — helps increase productivity.
Provides a single repository of enterprise content
- Content federation services provide centralized access to content from multiple IBM and third-party repositories, such as EMC Documentum and OpenText ECM Suite, so you can track and control all your content in one place.
- Content federation services enable the federation of metadata from host repositories into FileNet Content Manager. The “move content” feature enables the migration of content entirely into FileNet Content Manager when migrating content from a legacy repository is preferred.
Streamlines content management
- Provides core ECM capabilities, such as document versioning, content security and lifecycle management to complete content management tasks faster.
- Makes content available through Web 2.0 clients. Allows you to create PDF files with security settings.
- Provides advanced document management through support of Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA)-based XML. Hundreds or thousands of subject matter experts can collaborate on content creation, and final outputs can be rendered in various hard copy and web formats.
Simplifies compliance management activities
- The interface delivers key ECM features, such as document-level security, versioning, records management, lifecycle support, federation and search.
- Automated workflows help ensure completeness of audits and service-level agreements.
- Event and subscription capabilities allow events associated with content to trigger predefined actions, increasing efficiency.
Integrates with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint allows users to author, browse and manage their FileNet content, access their personal and public inboxes for task and workflow management, and initiate FileNet workflows from within SharePoint.
- Integration with Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 gives you quick access to your FileNet Content Manager content from within Microsoft Office applications.
FileNet Content Manager Starter Pack resources