Document management solution with social collaboration and mobile capabilities
Document management with IBM® FileNet® Content Manager helps you meet the growing challenge of managing enterprise content with greater speed, efficiency and accuracy. FileNet Content Manager is a document management engine that combines enterprise content, security and storage features with ready-to-use workflow and process management capabilities.
FileNet Content Manager features include:
- A single repository for enterprise content to provide centralized access and better control.
- Document management services and application development support to streamline content management and delivery.
- Delivery of active content in motion for improved business value and reduced costs.
- Integration with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office to help increase productivity.
- Social collaboration and mobile computing support to use the latest technologies in your enterprise content management (ECM) environment.
A single repository for enterprise content
- Uses content federation services to centralize access to content from multiple IBM and third-party repositories for improved tracking and control of enterprise content in one location.
- Provides centralized access through federation of metadata from host repositories into FileNet Content Manager or by migrating content into FileNet Content Manager from a legacy repository.
- Offers a full-featured and streamlined search, repurposing and application development environment based on a unified repository and metadata model.
Document management services and application development support
- Deliver core capabilities, including document versioning, content security and lifecycle management features.
- Support a wide range of content types, including XML documents, Microsoft Office documents, web pages, photos, voice, images and process definitions and templates.
- Offer advanced features, including support for Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA)-based XML.
- Use an extensible object model to allow complex taxonomy management using extensive metadata and folder organization capabilities.
- Provide application development support through proprietary and industry-standard application programming interfaces (APIs).
Delivery of active content in motion
- Provides automated workflows to improve task completion rates, enable faster task completion and help reduce processing and research costs.
- Uses event and subscription capabilities to deliver active content.
- Utilizes business rules to drive automated actions triggered by active content changes.
- Enables faster reactions to customer demands by automating processes triggered by customer events.
Integration with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office
- Allows users to author, browse and manage their FileNet Content Manager content, access their personal and public inboxes and initiate FileNet Content Manager workflows from within SharePoint.
- Provides quicker access to folders, stored searches or favorites from within Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 applications.
- Offers Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) support for easier integration of FileNet Content Manager with Microsoft SharePoint, SAP and other third-party systems.
Social collaboration and mobile computing support
- Allows you to add comments and tags to documents or other objects managed by FileNet Content Manager. Also, tracks the number of document downloads for improved audience analysis.
- Enables the streaming of large content files or enables large groups of users to retrieve the same file simultaneously.
- Shows thumbnails alongside document properties in folders and search results to help speed the discovery process.
- Provides a “lookahead count” to specify the minimum number of rows that display when performing searches with very large result sets.
- Offers iOS support for iPhones and iPads to browse, search and view content and to take photos and add them to FileNet Content Manager.
FileNet Content Manager
The following components are included with IBM FileNet Content Manager at no charge:
Content Federation Services
FileNet Integration for Microsoft Office (FIMO)
FileNet Collaboration Services
SharePoint Web Parts
DITA Data Models
FileNet Content Manager supports the DITA data model allowing customers the ability to extend ECM support into component based content management through the following applications.
IBM is announcing new features and enhancements for FileNet Content Manager v5.2.1 and IBM Content Foundation v5.2.1 in these key areas:
- Content management and imaging
- Case Manager for Investigations
- Connections Enterprise Content Edition
- Content Classification
- Content Collector for Microsoft SharePoint
- Content Foundation
- Content Integrator
- Content Integrator for z/OS
- Content Manager Enterprise Edition
- Content Manager for iSeries
- Content Manager for z/OS
- Content Manager Starter Pack
- Content Manager OnDemand for i
- Content Manager OnDemand for Multiplatforms
- Content Manager OnDemand for z/OS
- Content Navigator
- Crawford Technologies Riptide
- Daeja ViewONE Professional
- Daeja ViewONE Virtual
- Datacap Accounts Payable
- Datacap Medical Claims
- Datawatch Report Mining Server
- Enterprise Content Management System Monitor
- FileNet Capture Desktop
- FileNet Capture Professional
- FileNet Content Manager
- FileNet Content Manager Starter Pack
- FileNet IDM Desktop/WEB Services/Open Client
- FileNet Image Manager Active Edition
- FileNet Image Services
- IBM Connections Content Manager
- IBM Connections Suite
- IBM Web Content Manager
- Imagine Solutions Encapture
- Kaltura MediaSpace Plus
- Kaltura Video Navigator for ECM
- Production Imaging Edition
- Vantage for IBM Connections
- Vantage for IBM Sametime