Document capture for workgroup and departmental applications
IBM® FileNet® Capture Desktop is an intuitive departmental and workgroup scanning application that integrates with FileNet Content Manager. It automates manual data capture tasks and streamlines document entry processing, while helping to reduce long-term operational costs. IBM FileNet Capture components can work independently or across multiple workstations for the quick capture and management of various content types in multiple repositories.
FileNet Capture Desktop enables you to:
- Import and index image and non-image data as well as non-electronic information.
- Use silent installation for a faster, unattended install process through an automated interface.
- Take advantage of ready-to-use, automated indexing for more accurate, consistent access and retrieval of information.
- Work with easier installation, integration and administration features for increased productivity and improved data integrity.
Import and index image and non-image data
- Work with electronic and non-electronic data, including HTML pages, web forms, industry reports, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and legal documents.
- Deliver consistently indexed content to a centralized repository.
- Allow fast access to current, accurate information to improve the efficiency of daily operations.
- Provide scan-time and post-scan PDF conversion.
- Enhance image quality to improve image verification, optical character recognition (OCR), 1D and 2D barcode recognition and patch code recognition.
Use silent installation
- Enable automated, unattended installation, configuration and deployment of components with preset defaults.
- Help reduce high labor costs associated with data entry and administration of centralized and decentralized systems.
- Provide a consistent, repeatable installation process.
- Allow for customization of the configuration.
- Port data to a property file where it can be easily accessed during setup, while the install remains silent.
Take advantage of ready-to-use automated indexing
- Improve data integrity with less human interaction.
- Provide ready-to-use, zonal OCR to populate index fields based on predefined zones.
- Help reduce manual input and data entry efforts for improved data security and faster, more accurate results.
Work with easier installation, integration and administration features
- Expedite and simplify programming using rapid application development controls.
- Work with configuration options that are designed for ease of use and include preset defaults.
- Use a single FileNet Capture Desktop workstation to interface with multiple backend repositories, reducing the need for administering multiple installations and configurations.
- Take advantage of wide-ranging capabilities with no special skill sets or training.
- Provide tight integration with your enterprise content management system, including FileNet Content.