Integrate file transfer capabilities with your other system management applications.
IBM® Sterling File Gateway consolidates disparate centers of file transfer activity and facilitates the security-rich exchange of file-based data over the Internet. It helps companies avoid the risk and operational issues that can result from using loosely controlled file-transfer servers.
Sterling File Gateway features include:
- Improved management of file transfer activity with increased visibility and self-service features for better decision making and faster response times.
- Automated file transfer processes to optimize efficiency.
- Fast acclimation of new file transfer partners for easier management.
- Security-rich file transfers with data encryption and event logging.
Sterling File Gateway can help you increase secure and dependable file transfer with your trading partners. Improve partner onbaording, security and file routing with features that include:
Improved management of file transfer activity
- Provides trading partners with more secure access to initiate upload and download requests through the myFileGateway portal.
- Gives IT staff and business users greater visibility into in-flight file transfers with near real-time monitoring and a self-service web portal.
- Includes metrics to help monitor regulatory compliance and adherence to service-level agreements.
Automated file transfer processes
- Utilize Zip and GZIP technology to compress files.
- Create predefined, event-driven business processes to help reduce setup and administration resources associated with process flows.
- Use rules-based processing to elevate file transfers to a business-level activity.
Fast acclimation of new file transfer partners
- Provides a wizard and reusable templates to enable the rapid acclimation of new partners.
- Uses group-based controls to help reduce administration of trading partner relationships.
- Utilizes import and export functions to help reduce the risk of production updates to trading partner configurations.
Security-rich file transfers
- Support multiple encryption standards, including Pretty Good Privacy (PGP), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME).
- Offer single sign-on, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and user authentication.
- Encrypt both in-flight and at-rest files.
- Provide a thorough audit trail of file transfer activities.